RIDE 4 RIDE 4 | New Gameplay Footage Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have released a brand new trailer showcasing the first gameplay footage from the upcoming RIDE 4 title.
  • New trailer shows the Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit.
  • Gameplay using the KTM superbike.
  • All footage currently work in progress, game to release October 8th.
RIDE 4 promises to be the biggest and most detailed entry into the long running Milestone two wheeled racing franchise, and as we draw ever closer to the October release date for the title, the Italian studio have decided to release a first gameplay trailer from the new title.

Taking to the Japanese Grand Prix course of Suzuka aboard a KTM - showing off the impressive graphics and further developments Milestone have promised to both the handling and behaviour of the many varied machines within the new game.

About the Game
Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get?
RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.

New and Enhanced Contents.
Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.

Choose Your Path.
Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!

Ride 4 middle.jpg

Day/Night Cycle, Dynamic Weather and Endurance Races
RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the "Endurance" mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!

Neural AI
Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!

Expanded Customisation
Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customise your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community

Online Competitions
Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.

Ride 4 is set to release October 8th 2020 for Xbox, PlayStation and PC.

Want to get involved with the community about this new game? No worries, head over to the RIDE 4 sub forum and start up a new thread!

Ride 4 footer.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry for being an ignorant here, and sorry for half OT.
But what kind of gear do you use nowadays for MC simracing at PC's?
I see I have TT Isle of Man in my Steam Library and think I bought it a couple of years ago, but quickly got bored using keyboard. I played a lot of MC sim games in late 90ies and MotoGP in early 00's, but haven't really touched it seriously since.

So, what sim gear do you use here? I imagine a MC wheel for PC, but haven't seen one yet.
Using a classical joystick worked well for my simracing debut with Speed King MC-game for C64 in '85, but seems quite dull nowadays - or what?

I clearly remember the arcade halls in the 80ies and several full MC rigs by then. Could be cool with the like for TT Isle of Man and playing my older MotoGP games with such gear :)

Edit: sorry my mobile phone didn't show the thread, I see it is already discussed.
So I want a full MC rig for MC simming on PC - just like the MC rigs in the good old arcade hall days. Where do I find it? :)
Had a look online full rigs cost thousands!!

only decent alterntaive is this bespoke system:

A motorcycle with a steering wheel is even more stupid than a motorcycle with a controller. It will become obvious on the first trip even on the Honda Dio, which is a scooter. I'm not talking about a full-fledged motorbike any more.

Milestone makes an absolutely niche game. Even more than simracing games.

I am absolutely satisfied with the Motogp20 and I think the Ride 4 will be no worse.

Thing is with almost all bike games the controller (whatever is used) just controls the lean angle of the bike, so anything that can do that is fair game as the whole premise is unrealistic from the get go.

Unless you have a full motion rig that allows the use of body weight transfer and counter steering no bike game will have realistic controls. In realit we should control the Rider and body position which would then control the bike. But I think that would be very uinintuitive without aforementioned full rig.

'A motorcycle with a steering wheel is even more stupid than a motorcycle with a controller.'

A wheel rotates, we can safely agree on that?
If you stop it from rotating, limit it's axis of movement to +/- 60 degrees, it is no longer a rotating device. It's not a wheel. It is now tilting.
If I swapped the rim for a bar, with the exact degree of motion it's then acceptable?
Such a lack of imagination, dogma dictates, huh?
I'll stick with my wheel :)

They have a facebook page, it updates occasionally. Buy I've not seen a mention of release date.
I'm doubting it will be this year, due to the sheer lack of hype outside of diehard fans that already know about it. But when it does arrive, it will be very welcome!

There is a bike game with vr it's called GP Bikes and it's very good, it's just not that populated.

I've got that, but not VR yet.....with all that head movement and no inner ear link up how does it not induce vomitus?! I'm not doubting it or anything just can't get my head around it!!

Motion sickness is the one thing I'm afraid of with VR and it's keeping me from it, I get ill watching shakey camcorder footage!! (even my own!)

I've had a quick look at the forum but I can't see any release date for this game, it does say Q1 2020 but were well past that date, does anyone have any more information ?

I think it's a wait and see what happens, sadly racing games are a niche, within that sims are a samaller niche and within that bike sims is an even smaller niche. Hopefully it'll come to fruition.

I've got that, but not VR yet.....with all that head movement and no inner ear link up how does it not induce vomitus?! I'm not doubting it or anything just can't get my head around it!!

Motion sickness is the one thing I'm afraid of with VR and it's keeping me from it, I get ill watching shakey camcorder footage!! (even my own!)
Unfortunately with vr you have to build up your resistance, when I first started it was awful, there's nothing like motion sickness it's horrible, but you do little stints at a time, I would say I'm pretty good at it now but I played a game the other day, it was a fps and the movement wasn't working properly and that led to me getting sick :sick:
It's also been quite a while since I played GPBikes so I hope I'm ok with it but when I played it originally I was fine. Once you get used to the controls it is brilliant the sensation of speed is second to none, it's just that your on your own because I could never get anyone else to play online with.

@Raf Nix yeah as far as I remember the demo works in vr but it's been a while so I can't be 100%

I get motion sickness every time, I've given up.
But my biggest gripe is the pixellation, really disappointed.
Trackir on a 4k monitor is a better experience.
Hopefully VR technology will progress quickly, because racing gamesare perfect for VR.

" Superbike 2001 is a motorcycle racing video game developed by Milestone srl, published by Electronic Arts (EA), and released in 2000 for Microsoft Windows. It is part of EA's Superbike video game series. "
Superbike 2001 may have been developed by Milestome too, but what I'm getting at is that something seems to have regressed in those 20 years, the handling felt good in 2001, surely 20 years more development should mean that it feels great today. Sadly it doesn't to me, the bikes always feel way too light and able to flip flop from one side to the other like a fly

Superbike 2001 may have been developed by Milestome too, but what I'm getting at is that something seems to have regressed in those 20 years, the handling felt good in 2001, surely 20 years more development should mean that it feels great today. Sadly it doesn't to me, the bikes always feel way too light and able to flip flop from one side to the other like a fly

I'm not overly unhappy with the ease of chucking a bike around in a game, although I do agree it's not realistic. What I'd rather have though is realistic grip and tyre reactions to hard braking and acceleration. Most games even on "pro" mode are FAR too forgiving when it comes to the tyres. Look at MotoGP, sometimes just throttling up can unload the front mid corner and lead to a front end wash out. Yet in most games we can happily jam on the fronts with little or no repurcussions. Pro should mean Pro IMO.....it should be incredibly hard (like real bike racing is, non of this namby pamby 4 wheel malarky! ;) ) <--I jest, but it IS a lot harder on two wheels!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.0%