RIDE 4 RIDE 4 | New Gameplay Footage Trailer Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Milestone have released a brand new trailer showcasing the first gameplay footage from the upcoming RIDE 4 title.
  • New trailer shows the Suzuka Grand Prix Circuit.
  • Gameplay using the KTM superbike.
  • All footage currently work in progress, game to release October 8th.
RIDE 4 promises to be the biggest and most detailed entry into the long running Milestone two wheeled racing franchise, and as we draw ever closer to the October release date for the title, the Italian studio have decided to release a first gameplay trailer from the new title.

Taking to the Japanese Grand Prix course of Suzuka aboard a KTM - showing off the impressive graphics and further developments Milestone have promised to both the handling and behaviour of the many varied machines within the new game.

About the Game
Are you ready to live the best gaming experience that a motorcycle fan can get?
RIDE 4 will spark your competitive soul with hundreds of bikes, dozens of tracks and a whole new level of realism.

New and Enhanced Contents.
Choose among hundreds of officially licensed bikes and ride on dozens of tracks all around the world, carefully designed with an extraordinary level of detail! Every asset has been created starting from CAD data, laser and 3D scanning to achieve precision down to the smallest detail and let you enjoy the best two-wheel racing experience ever.

Choose Your Path.
Jump into an amazing and dynamic adventure that interacts with your decisions and choose your own path from the regional events up to the professional leagues. Show your riding skills through challenging races, ability tests, track days and a huge set of events. You could even become an official tester for the most celebrated manufacturers!

Ride 4 middle.jpg

Day/Night Cycle, Dynamic Weather and Endurance Races
RIDE 4 features a fully dynamic weather conditions system and a complete day/night cycle. Experience the race in a new light and prove you are the best rider in any condition. And for the first time, the "Endurance" mode will put your tenacity to the test, with animated pit-stops and long lasting races: prepare to face a world where strategy is the ultimate ingredient of your success!

Neural AI
Let us introduce you to A.N.N.A. (Artificial Neural Network Agent), our revolutionary neural AI system based on machine learning. Race against faster, smarter, more accurate riders and compete with an AI more human than ever!

Expanded Customisation
Race with your own style! Choose among plenty of official brands for your rider’s outfit and customise your bikes aesthetically and mechanically. Unleash your creativity and design your helmet, suit and bike livery in total freedom thanks to our new graphics editor. Once you’re done, share your creations online or just discover the best designs of the community

Online Competitions
Enjoy the most complete and lag-free online multiplayer experience ever thanks to our dedicated servers.

Ride 4 is set to release October 8th 2020 for Xbox, PlayStation and PC.

Want to get involved with the community about this new game? No worries, head over to the RIDE 4 sub forum and start up a new thread!

Ride 4 footer.jpg

Last edited:
I played Moto GP and it felt heavier and more difficult to turn while isle of man felt more agile. They did say Ride 4 will use the similar physics engine from MotoGP. MotoGP20 feel like I am constantly fighting to control the bike. Somehow it felt like Criterion NFS games that I am constantly fighting to turn the car which I hated it.

I know bikes are different from cars, Milestone motorcycle games feel like there is a lag or some sort of weird damping in turning the bike.

Wait, you based your opinion on how Ride 4 bikes feel on two other games?
IOM TT has absurdly arcade physics, and is from a completely unrelated source and can in no way be an indicator as to how bikes should feel.
'Similar' to MotoGP20? In what way? You can provide us with a statement that the bike weightiness is the same?

Wait, you based your opinion on how Ride 4 bikes feel on two other games?
IOM TT has absurdly arcade physics, and is from a completely unrelated source and can in no way be an indicator as to how bikes should feel.
'Similar' to MotoGP20? In what way? You can provide us with a statement that the bike weightiness is the same?

Because the marketing said they will be using MotoGP20 physics with Ride 4?

I have played a number of their past games. There is strange damping or weight that caused some odd difficulty in turning. It felt like there is a lag that made hitting the apex of the curve more difficult.

IOM is more arcade and so what? At least I do not feel like I am constantly fighting with the controls to turn.

Also, what is with all these aggressive attitudes because I do not share the same opinion?

20 years later and still EA Sports Superbike 2001 is the best playing motorbike racing game, at least in my opinion. Bike games since, especially Milestones efforts, just don't feel right in the handling.

On topic, Loved Ride 1 (once I learnt how to control a bike with a pad via MGP'15), loved Ride 2 even more and even learnt to not suck riding helmet cam (that sounds....iffy!), skipped Ride 3 for reasons I don't know...but will probably buy this as it does look very good indeed.

But yeah Bikes and games are not a match made in heaven, a rider controls a bike using so much more than just left/right, up/down, go/stop. So without a full on motion bike rig to sit on a bike game will never be real.

Ride 3 had the physics dumbed down shortly after release. People couldn't handle the pro physics,but refused to use assisted mode. So pro was essentially the assisted. I proposed making assisted what used to be pro :) but it never got anywhere.
I found the best way to enjoy it was to use helmet cam.
Secondly, I wanted a more intuitive control method. So I use my wheel,limited to 120 degrees. The tilting to match the bikes leaning.
So, 4 is going to be what 3 should have been.

You make absolutely no sense AT ALL. Unless of course you're one of those who think racing simulation games simulate reality 100%. YOU should be a bit more realistic....
How do you know this? It's not even out yet. And why bikes wouldn't feel heavy? They ARE heavy. In Ride 3 they felt like they weight as much as a moped and leaned way too fast.
A SIMULATION should attempt to replicate reality. That's literally the definition of simulation. I never said sims replicate reality, so don't put words in my mouth. But the point is for them to try to come close.

What is different in the Ride4 compare to ride 3? it looks to me like a typical rehash of the same game, a minor update at best. the only reason behind Ride4 is to milk some more money from those ready to spend it.
As for this game, or any other, ability to "simulate' riding a bike in any shape or form, the simulation value is 0%. Even if we had a proper bike riding device, which does not exist, the physic is totally off, any rider can tell you that.
At least with a driving SIM, with a proper rig and a good sim, we can get an idea of what it is to drive a car at speed, not 100%, but something.
I am more of a rider then a driver, but sadly, in 2020, their is no way to have a riding simulation, only games with bikes in it. Still can be fun if taken for what it is.

What is different in the Ride4 compare to ride 3? it looks to me like a typical rehash of the same game, a minor update at best. the only reason behind Ride4 is to milk some more money from those ready to spend it.
As for this game, or any other, ability to "simulate' riding a bike in any shape or form, the simulation value is 0%. Even if we had a proper bike riding device, which does not exist, the physic is totally off, any rider can tell you that.
At least with a driving SIM, with a proper rig and a good sim, we can get an idea of what it is to drive a car at speed, not 100%, but something.
I am more of a rider then a driver, but sadly, in 2020, their is no way to have a riding simulation, only games with bikes in it. Still can be fun if taken for what it is.

Milestone have done a few vids detailing the changes....apparently revamped how they do everything including CAD data for the bikes, drone mapping for the tracks. Sounds good, but it's "marketting" so I'll believe it when I see it, but if true sounds really good....oh and tyre wear for endurance racing!

vids in this thread

My Fanatec rig, my cockpit, trackir or my VR in no way replicates the experience of driving a car.
Ride series, Motogp or any other doesn't replicate my bike.
I mean, I have a collection of rims because I won't use my Porsche 918 rim driving an 80s formula 1. Right rim for the car, detail is everything.

But the games do provide an entertaining experience related to what I enjoy.
Be realistic, tailor your expectations to reality.
I'm just very pleased with the prospect of a new improved bike game :)

Sorry for being an ignorant here, and sorry for half OT.
But what kind of gear do you use nowadays for MC simracing at PC's?
I see I have TT Isle of Man in my Steam Library and think I bought it a couple of years ago, but quickly got bored using keyboard. I played a lot of MC sim games in late 90ies and MotoGP in early 00's, but haven't really touched it seriously since.

So, what sim gear do you use here? I imagine a MC wheel for PC, but haven't seen one yet.
Using a classical joystick worked well for my simracing debut with Speed King MC-game for C64 in '85, but seems quite dull nowadays - or what?

I clearly remember the arcade halls in the 80ies and several full MC rigs by then. Could be cool with the like for TT Isle of Man and playing my older MotoGP games with such gear :)

Edit: sorry my mobile phone didn't show the thread, I see it is already discussed.
So I want a full MC rig for MC simming on PC - just like the MC rigs in the good old arcade hall days. Where do I find it? :)

Last edited:
Man I cant wait for this, Ride 2 got me into bikes, Ride 3 made me love the series, Ride 4 will finish off whats left of my social life.
Guess that means RIDE (ONE) has virtually zero impact to your life.
Social and any other :D

Motorbikes don't handle like that. People don't ride motorbikes with throttle control like that. If went out on my KTM and turned in and was repeatedly chopping the throttle on and off I'd be down the road. Watch an actual motorbike race the cornering looks nothing like what Milestone keep coming up with year on year.
These games are fun but they aren't realistic. I just take them for what they are.
It's really hard to simulate riding or if you like driving a bike on your personal computer. They give their best, imho.
Have you got some new revolutionary ideas perhaps that can help ? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to hear about it. :)

Guess that means RIDE (ONE) has virtually zero impact to your life.
Social and any other :D

It's really hard to simulate riding or if you like driving a bike on your personal computer. They give their best, imho.
Have you got some new revolutionary ideas perhaps that can help ? I'm sure they'll be more than happy to hear about it. :)
Yeah lol, I discovered the franchise with ride 2 randomly bought it as I was bored of the racing games I had at the time.

Here's another way of looking at things:
Their contribution : a super realistic simulator.
Your contribution : a controller....

Muppet: I wanna go to Mars!
NASA: You have a rocket? Spaceship....
Muppet: No, I have a spoon! I demand it happens!!!
NASA: uhhhhh....

IOMTT had wheel support which opened our options. If Ride 4 has this, we're a bit closer to a sim.
I played with X360CE ffb, you can get some interesting effects.
My wheel bumps and jumps when I do crazy stuff to the bike .

Here's another way of looking at things:
Their contribution : a super realistic simulator.
Your contribution : a controller....

Muppet: I wanna go to Mars!
NASA: You have a rocket? Spaceship....
Muppet: No, I have a spoon! I demand it happens!!!
NASA: uhhhhh....

IOMTT had wheel support which opened our options. If Ride 4 has this, we're a bit closer to a sim.
I played with X360CE ffb, you can get some interesting effects.
My wheel bumps and jumps when I do crazy stuff to the bike .
A motorcycle with a steering wheel is even more stupid than a motorcycle with a controller. It will become obvious on the first trip even on the Honda Dio, which is a scooter. I'm not talking about a full-fledged motorbike any more.

Milestone makes an absolutely niche game. Even more than simracing games.

I am absolutely satisfied with the Motogp20 and I think the Ride 4 will be no worse.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back