I have gone through all the motions, but the edited textures don t show in game

How do you incorporate the new pak file in such a way that the new textures in the pak file are selected instead of the textures in the default pak file?
What name does the new pak file have to get?
pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_1_P.pak <--- I was thinking of a next number in sequence.

*edit*

Bingo, that worked - new texture is now in-game :)

I just took one SP2 livery and imported as the other race SP2 name (bike 212 to 218) - not much to look at for now.

W6uyNn.jpg

:)

Last edited:
I have gone through all the motions, but the edited textures don t show in game

How do you incorporate the new pak file in such a way that the new textures in the pak file are selected instead of the textures in the default pak file?
What name does the new pak file have to get?
pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_1_P.pak <--- I was thinking of a next number in sequence.

*edit*

Bingo, that worked - new texture is now in-game :)

I just took one SP2 livery and imported as the other race SP2 name (bike 212 to 218) - not much to look at for now.

W6uyNn.jpg

:)
I think you can put anything where this x is in pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_x_P.pak as long as there is something between editor and p it works I believe

Last edited:
As far as I can understand I need to know the repak command to repak the cooked file(s) . Anyone know this ?
I successfully went through the tutorial . Basically I have successfully cooked the modded textures for one bike

Last edited:
As far as I can understand I need to know the repak command to repak the cooked file(s) . Anyone know this ?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/motogp-18-modding-tools.21477/
Download this and there’s a python script to repack the file and a command to activate it in a text file (Just change where it says motogp18 to ride3 and change the file extension to bat) then place the bat file and the python script in the same folder as the files you are trying to repack and run the bat

I understand everything up until this part - " and change the file extension to bat) then place the bat file and the python script in the same folder as the files you are trying to repack and run the bat "
What file extension ?
And so the command line would be - u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak ride3
??

Edit - O.k I see how a batch file creates a pak file

Last edited:
I understand everything up until this part - " and change the file extension to bat) then place the bat file and the python script in the same folder as the files you are trying to repack and run the bat "
What file extension ?
And so the command line would be - u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak ride3
??
Yes that is the command line, forget the bit about the file extension and do this instead: go to where the ride3 folder you are trying to pak is and paste the python script there, then hold down CTRL+Shift and right click->Select "Open command window here" and just paste in the command line

O.k . So where I am at now is ... I know I can create a PAK file , but when it creates the PAK file the PAK file is 0KB and this is why it will not work . Tried re cooking files with and without texture streaming (no difference either way ) . I tried another modding tools folder that has a different command line slightly , this one will not create a PAK file at all . The first Modding tool folder that actually creates a PAK file I feel is not grabbing the cooked files for some reason .
The File structure looks to be correct and have checked many times ... hmmm

The Command line for the command that creates the 0KB PAK file is - C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Users\Rossy\Desktop\Motogp2018\u4pak.py pack pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X.pak ride3

The Structure of the cooked files path is - ride3/content/assets/graphics/vehicles/bikes/chassis/chassis015/textures

In the textures folder there are the three files each for each modded texture these are the cooked files

The above file structure with the cooked files inside is in the same folder as the folder with the bat file and the python script etc.

Last edited:
Requirements:
1) Download these tools: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ride-3-modding-tools.24888/
2) You need Unreal Engine Editor:
https://www.epicgames.com/unrealtournament/download
3) Also make sure you have Python 2.7 installed:
https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7/

Video tutorial (How to edit skins):

Text tutorial (skins):

In the tutorial we'll modify a bike skin, but once you know the method you can try with something else.

Section 1: Export
-Launch Umodel.exe (It's in the modding tools)
-Insert the path to Ride 3 or navigate to it (Normally it is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIDE 3 or wherever you have installed it).
Select "Override Game Detection"
Select "Unreal Engine 4" And "Unreal Engine 4.19"
upload_2019-1-17_18-10-55.png

Select "PC" in the Platform setting and then hit OK.
-You'll now have a window with all the directories of the game. Navigate to: ride3\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\chassis\chassis131'
upload_2019-1-17_18-16-47.png

You'll see a folder for each element of the bike (3D mesh, animation, textures..)
Click on skeletal_meshes and then on chassis131.uasset. You'll see a 3D preview of the object.
upload_2019-1-17_18-15-55.png

If you click on "Tools->Export current object" Umodel will export everything related to the object, but we only need the bike texture.

- Press "O" to exit the 3D preview. Click on "textures" and find the bike livery (it's "livery131_001_d.uasset"). Click on "Tools->Export".
upload_2019-1-17_18-20-29.png

-Umodel will automatically create a folder called "UmodelExport" located where Umodel.exe is.
You can now find the texture (.tga format) and edit it!

Section 2: Import back in game
Part 1: Prepare your modded textures.
Basically we need to convert our modded .tga texture to .uasset.
- Launch Unreal Engine editor. Select Blank Project, no starter content and name it "Ride3". Click on Create Project.
upload_2019-1-17_18-30-54.png

- Drag your modded texture here:
upload_2019-1-17_18-28-16.png

- Click on File->Save all. This way you will not need to create a new project next time.
- Click on File->Cook content for windows. Wait till it finishes. You can close Unreal Engine now!
Part 2: Repack.
Go into "Import in game" folder. There you will see a folder called "ride3". Inside it, you need to create the same Directory where you extracted the file from in Umodel:
ride3\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\chassis\chassis131\textures
Create the missing folders.
- Go to Documents\Unreal Projects\Ride3\Saved\Cooked\WindowsNoEditor\Ride3\Content
here you will wind the files UnrealEngine cooked for you. You should have 3 files. Copy ALL of them into
ride3\Content\assets\graphics\vehicles\bikes\chassis\chassis131\textures.
We're almost done!
- Go back into the root of folder "Import in game". Double click repack command.bat
Once it's done (it's quick), you will have a file called "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_X_P.pak". Replace the X with something else, like "pakchunk0-WindowsNoEditor_MyMod_P.pak"
Copy the pak file you created and paste into:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RIDE 3\ride3\Content\Paks
or wherever you have installed the game. Make sure you copy it where all the other pak files are.
You're done! Check your mod in game.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%