That is always the problem these day with new games , never or almost never they give us a demo to try it before we buy it , they are way to scared to show how there game really is .
PCars2, Forza 7, horizon4, all have demo, so some do, maybe Ride 3 will also.
At the end of the day, they all have a demo, somewhere out there, but by then you also get the game, developers should not take chance and just have a demo available.

The update doesn’t seem to have improved the framerate on the longer road tracks like the Snake.

Other than that Ride 3 is motorbike equivalent of Forza Motorsport 4, no more and no less. It’s fun for racing, most of the time trials and track day events. The drag racing is truly awful. It’s an old fashioned grind to unlock the campaign and certain reward bikes.

Great range of bikes, some enjoyable sounds but as with all similar games the number of bikes outweighs the number of tracks. In car terms it’s an understeer biased game, every bike understeers - which adds to the Forza comparison. I’ve unlocked everything except the final championship and the same tracks over and over has become dull. I’d like to finish the game but it’s small doses now.

It’s worth £20 and good for what it is, the special events at the end of each part of the campaign are the best element, riding the same bike as it evolved over the years is interesting.

Hi, someone know how to mod ride 3, i watched a few videos on motogp18(ue4) modding, but stil not understand nothing.. i want to edit cameras fov/position and especially to add leaning in cockpit cam.

for ride2 or motogp17 was easy, u have a mix.extractor, and a file editor, simple.
but here i don't know nothing (exactly like jon snow)
You can't edit things like that with this engine I'm afraid

You can't edit things like that with this engine I'm afraid

so we cant access those uasset files with all the data we need to edit? damn that ruins the whole engine swap tbh.... wish someone from milestone would comment on that since mods for the earlier games made them far better.. it looks like the cameras and such were done with blueprints so i bet you can probably reverse engineer them somehow (ive read bits of info on this in the past.. not enough to try anything myself)

wouldnt be hard for them to do an official mod SDK with steam workshop support

so we cant access those uasset files with all the data we need to edit? damn that ruins the whole engine swap tbh.... wish someone from milestone would comment on that since mods for the earlier games made them far better.. it looks like the cameras and such were done with blueprints so i bet you can probably reverse engineer them somehow (ive read bits of info on this in the past.. not enough to try anything myself)

wouldnt be hard for them to do an official mod SDK with steam workshop support
Yeah all of the data is encrypted when the files are cooked, the only way to edit files is to recreate them. Took me about 4 months to figure out how to change names on motogp. It would be great if they released modding support.

is there anywhere the process of recreating them has been documented? looks like each bike has a few camera assets per bike (zzz) but i still want some first person camera mods.. the camera mods for motogp17 spoiled me
Nothing is documented, it's all guess work, the only things we've managed are textures and models. I think I'm the only person to do names and all these work because they're standardized, pretty much everything else are scripts (Blueprint or otherwise) made by milestone.

Yeah it works the same as GP18 so it’s very modable
Ok, so the UE platform wont read unpacked files int he szme file structure, they need to be repacked into the giant Pak0, 0-1, 1 & 1-1 files?

Are the TGA textures traditional DDS files?
I unpaked them and have been going through the bikes - looks like they ahve not included the unreleased bikes as yet - I can see where they may slot in to the list though.
I guess I need to read up on how to do these new engines :)

Ok, so the UE platform wont read unpacked files int he szme file structure, they need to be repacked into the giant Pak0, 0-1, 1 & 1-1 files?

Are the TGA textures traditional DDS files?
I unpaked them and have been going through the bikes - looks like they ahve not included the unreleased bikes as yet - I can see where they may slot in to the list though.
I guess I need to read up on how to do these new engines :)
The textures are TGA, the models are psk when exported but need to be fbx when imported
Follow this tutorial if you need to (It's for motogp but it's the same):
If you have any questions I will be more than happy to help

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%