Ride Modding Questions Thread

myninja.png

Can anyone tell me if it's possible to convert tracks from ISI Motor engine games to import into Ride 2? To clarify that's games like GT Legends, rFactor, GTR2, Automobilista. If it's possible in theory, how would one go about doing so? Would 3DsimED do the job?

@Herrduka - the chance for bike import is low .. but if you upload the Data.mix, Gfxgem.mix and one of the *.mix files from a bike, i could give it a try.

@Skyclown - not possible, there are no plug-ins / tools to create 3d Models for milestone games :(

@Herrduka - the chance for bike import is low .. but if you upload the Data.mix, Gfxgem.mix and one of the *.mix files from a bike, i could give it a try.

Hi, thank you for your time,
for Data.mix, Gfxgem.mix, is not a problem, but in bikes folder, the two games have not the same structure, D90th have only two .mix files (extra and hsbk); R2 have some chassis files (more than 600), that probably are skins.

oh yeah , nevermind... i got the files from a friend... tried to import on of the 1950s 125cc bikes.... model appears, but cannot get textures to appear or drive it ... just a plain grey bike in my garage.
maybe its possible if you put a lot of effort into it , but i dont't wanna :D

...And the two EBR from ride first chapter?
same problem, like any other bikes from other games ... just too many files involved.

It's possible import rcv213 sound from VRTG?? Or change sound in the game like put h2r turbo sound on hayabusa??
importing soundfiles from other milestone games could be done in theory(never tried), but in this case i would rather take the mgp2013 sound for rcv ^^
h2r sound swap for hayabusa is easy ... but i can take a look if its possible to just add the turbo sounds to hayabusa sound ;)

yeah you can just take bml-file from another bike, rename it and use it for another one :)
if its working for physics would be up to test...
but from a quick look it should work the same way - maybe you will need to copy some entries from the engine of the H2R to the hayabusa to control supercharger sounds.

yeah you can just take bml-file from another bike, rename it and use it for another one :)
if its working for physics would be up to test...
but from a quick look it should work the same way - maybe you will need to copy some entries from the engine of the H2R to the hayabusa to control supercharger sounds.

Perfect ,i've done the sound and phy swap on hayabusa,now i'll try with motogp pys and sound the files are very similar with ride!! i've also seen that phys playerdata bml file of bikes contains specs like: torque,num of gears,bike weight ecc. so they can be changed easily or the game crash?

Perfect ,i've done the sound and phy swap on hayabusa,now i'll try with motogp pys and sound the files are very similar with ride!! i've also seen that phys playerdata bml file of bikes contains specs like: torque,num of gears,bike weight ecc. so they can be changed easily or the game crash?

yeah no problem playing around with numbers there...i think its a bit safer to edit files instead of replacing them with mgp physics ;) only physics-related crashes i got , was when i tried to edit tyres for flat-track-sand physics.

@Herrduka : SBK track files are too old to use them in Ride 2...different file format and structure...lets all hope upgrade to Unreal Engine for the next milestone games gives a chance to create and import own content.

I have following Problem.
I want so make a Race fairing for a CBR 600 RR. No Problems with editing the Skin an import it to the game, all fine.
But there is still the lights included and i cant overpaint it. Is there any solution for that Problem?

Thanks for your helps and this is a great Site.

Hi ReZ, can you include in your near future works a little modifications:
like elaboration in suspensions set that don't change the series colour...
a similar thing for the brakes calipers, to mantein the real color and little particularities that disappear in orrible coloration when i elaborate them.

Thanks

Last edited:
Someone could add 2 more circuits in Ride 2 Cadwell Park or Portimao that is in the game SBKGenerations. And some decorations from WSBK2017 Jonathan Rea, Tom Sykes, Marco Melandri, Chaz Davies please thank you

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 70 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 378 39.6%