Rich Who ?

I saw the Unveiling of the HASS car for 2019. Black and gold but the question on everyone's mind is who are Rich Energy. I heard they are a sports drink like Red Bull. They want to compete with Red Bull. I see cans of Red Bull all over the stores here in Canada. But never seen a Rich energy can. So if anyone sees a can take a pic and post it on the RD site.
I thought the idea was a sponsor should be global for F1 like Coke or Pepsi. Something with a logo recognized all over the world. Otherwise fans will be nice car who's Rich Energy.

But i like the Rich Energy dude with the long hair and zz top beard. Looking like a Guru.

Rich Energy developed an energy drink that is aimed to compete with Red Bull. They are based out of the UK, so you aren't going to find their product in Canada any time soon. In fact, most of their sales recently have been through the online marketplace. Some say they are "premium", but their prices aren't "premium" at around 25 USD per case. They are not yet a global presence, but the idea is that a Formula One sponsorship will develop that.

I thought the idea was a sponsor should be global for F1 like Coke or Pepsi. Something with a logo recognized all over the world. Otherwise fans will be nice car who's Rich Energy.

Not necessarily. Look at Haas itself. They are a manufacturer of CNC equipment, and Formula One was a way access a global market when they were somewhat stuck in the USA. Now, I think knowledge of the company is spreading, and worldwide sales are increasing. Rich Energy is just looking to capitalize on that business plan.

I looked up their website, apparently they're a premium energy drink that sponsors an F1 team. That's all I could work out form their website. It's pretty much entirely about them being an F1 sponsor.

It's probably a subsidiary of a larger beverage company and this is how they're rebranding their energy drink formula.

Went on the web site with google search "Ritch Energy" They have a nice web page and you can order a case of it for 20.00 (Pounds or Euro i am not shore) I am in Canada so it would cost me a fortune to ship it over the Ocean. But someone in England or Europe can order a case and test it. And post what they think on this site. Just drink responsibly and don't mix with vodka. A Bar in Toronto where i watch F1 used to mix Vodka and Red Bull and called it "Downforce" Makes you go a little dizzy.:O_o:

I saw the Unveiling of the HASS car for 2019. Black and gold but the question on everyone's mind is who are Rich Energy. I heard they are a sports drink like Red Bull. They want to compete with Red Bull. I see cans of Red Bull all over the stores here in Canada. But never seen a Rich energy can. So if anyone sees a can take a pic and post it on the RD site.

I'll do some quotes from another site:

" It does taste like every other energy drink out there, maybe slightly sweeter and less fizzy but it could all be your mind that its a new product as it probably just comes out the same Red Bull tap. But I genuinely think it tastes a bit different and less potent than your usual stuff, but I think that is the limited fizz making it appear like a kids soft drink. So... it isn't bad! "

" The branding is... contradicting and just like the web images show. There are multiple union jacks 'designed' on the can graphics. The main at the bottom which incorporates the 'estMMX' (bit of an outdated idea, been done before) and a union jack cutout in a half rectangle pattern. Nothing premium or stand out really.
Then at the sides more union jacks squeezed to suit some generic gold wavy lines which bear no reference to the logo itself, just graphics for the sake of graphics.
"

" And this is the best bit.... bold text saying 'MADE IN AUSTRIA'
roflmao.gif

Whoever designed these has sadly not done their research to similar brands (or has, and just ripped them off). All their social media tags promote a proud and premium British product that is proudly stated on the can that its made in Austria; and there is absolutely no identity to the premium aspect of the ingredients."

" As of most recent date covered (30 September 2017), Rich Energy Limited reported:
- Tangible Assets of £17,676,
- Profit of £46,701 for year ended 30-09-17, and profit of £412,167 for year ended 30-09-16, and
- Shareholders' Funds of £868,868.

However, as against the Shareholders' Funds of £868,868, the primary asset is Intangible Assets of £1,708,811. There is no explanation of what those intangible assets comprise. They could - hypothetically - comprise somebody's estimate of the value of intellectual property (company logo, branding, "secret formula" of the juice, even distribution rights) given to Rich Energy Limited by a shareholder.

Put another way, without those intangible assets of £1.7m, Rich Energy's net worth would have been negative £800k.
"

In addition, William Storey behind Rich Energy, boasted the other day of having produced 90 mill cans (produced, not sold). That's 90 mill over several years, while e.g Red Bull sells over 6 billion each year.
It's extremely likely that it is this plant in Austria where it is produced. It's a place where anyone can pay for drinks to be made and put their own label on it! https://www.starzinger.at/en/#

I came here to ask this. WTF is Rich energy?
-no wikipedia page (honestly a weird red flag)
-no products ANYWHERE that you can buy
-not a single video of anyone interacting with it besides actors in some weird ads
So how is this a company that has millions to sponsor an F1 team? The fact that they dealt with Force India last year is a huge concern considering Force India is money laundering central.

So how is this a company that has millions to sponsor an F1 team?
They use the same method that any other business uses. They borrow a ton of money off someone else. You'll probably find they're a subsidiser or the pet project of a billionaire. In all reality you'd have to be pretty confident in your marketing to launch an energy drink these days, the novelty of energy drinks wore off 10 years ago.

I'll do some quotes from another site:

" It does taste like every other energy drink out there, maybe slightly sweeter and less fizzy but it could all be your mind that its a new product as it probably just comes out the same Red Bull tap. But I genuinely think it tastes a bit different and less potent than your usual stuff, but I think that is the limited fizz making it appear like a kids soft drink. So... it isn't bad! "

" The branding is... contradicting and just like the web images show. There are multiple union jacks 'designed' on the can graphics. The main at the bottom which incorporates the 'estMMX' (bit of an outdated idea, been done before) and a union jack cutout in a half rectangle pattern. Nothing premium or stand out really.
Then at the sides more union jacks squeezed to suit some generic gold wavy lines which bear no reference to the logo itself, just graphics for the sake of graphics.
"

" And this is the best bit.... bold text saying 'MADE IN AUSTRIA'
roflmao.gif

Whoever designed these has sadly not done their research to similar brands (or has, and just ripped them off). All their social media tags promote a proud and premium British product that is proudly stated on the can that its made in Austria; and there is absolutely no identity to the premium aspect of the ingredients."

" As of most recent date covered (30 September 2017), Rich Energy Limited reported:
- Tangible Assets of £17,676,
- Profit of £46,701 for year ended 30-09-17, and profit of £412,167 for year ended 30-09-16, and
- Shareholders' Funds of £868,868.

However, as against the Shareholders' Funds of £868,868, the primary asset is Intangible Assets of £1,708,811. There is no explanation of what those intangible assets comprise. They could - hypothetically - comprise somebody's estimate of the value of intellectual property (company logo, branding, "secret formula" of the juice, even distribution rights) given to Rich Energy Limited by a shareholder.

Put another way, without those intangible assets of £1.7m, Rich Energy's net worth would have been negative £800k.
"

In addition, William Storey behind Rich Energy, boasted the other day of having produced 90 mill cans (produced, not sold). That's 90 mill over several years, while e.g Red Bull sells over 6 billion each year.
It's extremely likely that it is this plant in Austria where it is produced. It's a place where anyone can pay for drinks to be made and put their own label on it! https://www.starzinger.at/en/#
Its like the Pepsi Challenge all over Again Pepsi is milder but i will Drink Coke not that different. I Just like soda room temperature (Not Chilled) and Flat so let all the fizz out 1st. Just like Cider.

Otherwise fans will be nice car who's Rich Energy.

Exactly. I found out what BWT, Santander, etc were because watching F1 prompted me to google these brands. If that isn't effective global marketing of an unknown brand, I don't know what is. Same thing with brands like GoDaddy.com and the SuperBowl commercials.
Roll-Safe-Think-About-It.jpg

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 222 14.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 150 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years