Rich Energy Ditch Haas F1 Team

It was refreshing to have an American team in F1. I hope someone shows up to support the Haas team going forward.

Berskshire Hathaway maybe?

At least, Uncle Warren has the dough to support an F1 team. Maybe he could convince his best bud, Bill Gates, to throw in some change into the adventure as well?
I don't think teams have nationalities like they used to. Its a multicultural environment these days. McLaren's Zack Brown is American. And there are are shareholders in the UAE. According my F1 mag Otomar Sanafuser is from Azerbejan. and Emigrated to America. It is amazing how all these cultures get along in the project to run a F1 team. We are all humans and our parents and ancestors came from other places before us. My mothers side is German. I just don't spray swastikas all over the place and insult Jews.

I don't think teams have nationalities like they used to. Its a multicultural environment these days. McLaren's Zack Brown is American. And there are are shareholders in the UAE. According my F1 mag Otomar Sanafuser is from Azerbejan. and Emigrated to America. It is amazing how all these cultures get along in the project to run a F1 team. We are all humans and our parents and ancestors came from other places before us. My mothers side is German. I just don't spray swastikas all over the place and insult Jews.
I am not wrapping myself with the American flag. As a matter of fact, I am not even American. I am just saying that there is a pool of talented drivers in the US, there are people with deep wallets there that could support more then one team and there is a potential to add a significantly large fan base.

Also, historically, the best eras in F1 featured Americans being involved in F1 like the late 60's, late 70's or mid 80's. Overall, it is best to have the Yanks more involved than have them sit on the sidelines.

The problem in America is the closest thing is Indycar. Whitch is closer to home and easier than running all over Europe and Pacific where F1 is. Drivers have to go to Europe young and run the tracks in Europe. I don't think Indycar tracks are as intense as F1. or demanding. Though the push to street races may bring Indycar on a par to F1. For whatever reason Ameican's don't want to go live in Europe. And go the long way up the ranks far from home. But this is the best way to F1.

The problem in America is the closest thing is Indycar. Whitch is closer to home and easier than running all over Europe and Pacific where F1 is. Drivers have to go to Europe young and run the tracks in Europe. I don't think Indycar tracks are as intense as F1. or demanding. Though the push to street races may bring Indycar on a par to F1. For whatever reason Ameican's don't want to go live in Europe. And go the long way up the ranks far from home. But this is the best way to F1.
I am wondering when you say: "For whatever reason Ameican's don't want to go live in Europe". Is it really that or there is simply no need for it?

If you don't need to uproot yourself to make a great living while racing in a competitive racing serie, why would you?

The problem in America is the closest thing is Indycar.
I think the US has a thriving GT scene though. All those millionaires are likely being drawn into the sport when they go to buy a new toy for themselves. Their racing scene may be more diverse and less professional, it wouldn't surprise me though to find out other classes are just as popular as indycar just not as well funded or as well promoted.

I am wondering when you say: "For whatever reason Ameican's don't want to go live in Europe". Is it really that or there is simply no need for it?

If you don't need to uproot yourself to make a great living while racing in a competitive racing serie, why would you?
Senna did it and Mario Andretti did it. Phill Hill just loved European cars so he left to drive F1. There was a American driver search program that got "Scot Speed" into F1. And there are are Americans on key personnel like Zack Brown and Otomar Sanfuzzer. The driver has to know and believe F1 is the best and better than any racing in America. Its not as competitive and there is less money but it still is the greatest racing in the world and the ultimate challenge.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 80 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 166 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 314 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 446 39.4%