rFactor's graphic

Hello
i am considering about buy of rFactor - my point is that the game has a lot of things which my RACE series cant give to me, swapping drivers, flash lights, proper night racing etc. and even the graphic - so far I know the rFactor game is an older one then RACE series (Race 07 + addons) but I see its graphic so beautiful, realistic and I want to ask - are you everyone using some special plugin? I watched a lot of rFactor movies on YT or Vimeo and the graphic is looking really awesome, I cant help myself... I know that gaming isnt about graphic or how about it looks but it is nice bonus to play something what has nice simply looking view - rFactor, but I always hear only things like - rFactor's graphic sucks... well am I wrong with my mind about the graphic or am I only blind and it really does not look that good as I think?
The thing is if you are using some plugin I am wondering if my PC will make this game with it, like RBR I cant play because of low FPS with HDR plugin but it again looks very nice without it
Cheers

even if your running 64 bit rfactor will only use 1.5GB of ram because its a 32bit application which is why the mod fsone 2009 for example crashes on high settings because it needs more than 1.5gb of ram to use over 16 cars.

I have a post here on how to fix the rfactor exe file to remove the limit http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor/50837-how-stop-fsone2009-crashing-on-max-gfx-settings.html
it works so well that i can run the mod with the max 45 cars and the only thing limiting me now is my 9800gtx :D

oh and btw for the FSAA/Antialiasing if you use nvidia you can go to control panel and set it to force 16xQ and it really does a great job, there is an fps drop but im still at 70-200fps(30 at start lines) and everything is nice and smooth now unlike before :D

I'd say rFactor looks great until you get to the night racing. That's when it starts to show it's age. I've done a few races at night using Le Mans 1970 cars, and the illumination of my dashboard looked really dodgy. I swear they were revealing messages hidden under the LEDs. :s

Aside from that, and a few performance drops, night racing in rFactor's great. It's a terrifying experience racing with that kind of visibility, and they've done an excellent job of capturing it.

even if your running 64 bit rfactor will only use 1.5GB of ram because its a 32bit application which is why the mod fsone 2009 for example crashes on high settings because it needs more than 1.5gb of ram to use over 16 cars.

Wait, am I missing something here? I thought 32 bit memory addresses limited programs to 4GB of memory, not 1.5.

actually wrong, 32bit operating systems are limited to 4GB but 32bit applications are limited to around 2GB(1.56GB in rfactors case), they have this limit because on a 32bit system you could end up using all the system ram and crashing the computer since only upto 4GB is available so all 32bit applications have that limit.

Trust me it works, the reason fsone 2009 crashes is that it cant fit over a certain ammount of cars (i think 16) into 1.56GB of memory space. read the post and watch the video to find out how to remove the limit http://www.racedepartment.com/rfactor/50837-how-stop-fsone2009-crashing-on-max-gfx-settings.html

My proof that it works is that before modding the game to have unlimited memory usage it wouldnt use over 1,562,786kb of ram but when modified the game would run at over that ammount even going up to 2,677,433kb of ram with 45 cars on max setting graphics on offline mode in fsone 2009.

i dont know why they have a limit but they do,32 applications that are very memory intensive sometimes already have the 2GB limit removed from them. i dont know why the limit is there but my guess is that its just because 32bit systems were limited to such a small ammount of memory so 32bit applications get the limit so they dont use all of the system memory, its just how 32bit programs were designed, the program my thread shows you tells you how to remove the limit.

I'm sure it does, and that's the first place I'll look if I ever have trouble with the memory limits myself. It just strikes me as a peculiarly arbitrary limit, when the operating system's memory management could simply check to see whether it was running out of memory or not in the first place before trying to allocate memory outside it's limit.

If you use a non-server version of Windows or some forms of Linux as your OS, you are limited to using less than 4GB RAM. The usual figure you have available to you is between 2.7 and 3.5GB. Most 32-bit processors since the mid-90's are capable of running up to 64GB RAM via PAE but Microsoft and those Linux versions are hard-coded to not use more than 4GB of physical memory. Microsoft did that because of driver compatibility issues.

As for applications, most are hard-coded to not go above 2GB to stop memory leaks on 32-bit operating systems. However there are a few 32-bit applications which do not have this so you are able to run more if and when you need it, but it can cause memory leaks if it uses too much memory.

Anyone want my copy? Its in Canada but you pay for shipping its all yours.I bought it yesterday,tried to install it but is saying code is invalid. I only paid five dollars for it from London Drugs. so im not to worried about getting it going, plus im happy with Race 07.So if you can figure out validation code, its yours. BTW game was bought new, code was not previously entered.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.8%