rFactor's graphic

Hello
i am considering about buy of rFactor - my point is that the game has a lot of things which my RACE series cant give to me, swapping drivers, flash lights, proper night racing etc. and even the graphic - so far I know the rFactor game is an older one then RACE series (Race 07 + addons) but I see its graphic so beautiful, realistic and I want to ask - are you everyone using some special plugin? I watched a lot of rFactor movies on YT or Vimeo and the graphic is looking really awesome, I cant help myself... I know that gaming isnt about graphic or how about it looks but it is nice bonus to play something what has nice simply looking view - rFactor, but I always hear only things like - rFactor's graphic sucks... well am I wrong with my mind about the graphic or am I only blind and it really does not look that good as I think?
The thing is if you are using some plugin I am wondering if my PC will make this game with it, like RBR I cant play because of low FPS with HDR plugin but it again looks very nice without it
Cheers

I dont use any plug in and it looks really good on mine.
Yes rFactor is a old game. But it depends on the wich Mod you play if it looks good.
Older mods probably will look not that good like new mods. And some mods are better made so also looks better. :)

i know that there are for rfactor a plugin for the HDR effects (ask to ryan i think that he is using it)..... the rest of the graphics depends on the track texture and on the mod type!!! there are mod and tracks with high texture were you just stay stuck in front of the monitor.....btw there are also mod and track with old and low texture and they suck!!! :D

so many depends on the mod and tracks that you put in!!! ;) btw what are your PC specifics???

I think that my PC specifics arent necessary I just can say that I have recommended PC, I was just thinking about the same situation I had in RBR I bought it and then tried HDR plugin and my FPS was extremly low (with high graphic settings), but luck was on my side as the RBR looks awesome even without that plugin :) and now I want to buy rFactor and as I watched that videos and the game is stunning there I was just scared if it looks like that just with some kind of plugin which my PC isnt able to make (like in RBR)

and I again notice that I know that the gaming isnt about graphic, just want to know what can I expect from this game :)

Anyway you are running that new mods arent you? which dont look like a peace of crap

BTW look at this:
or this
or something from RD

jesus amazing!! and I am not talking about RDLMS which I wish to try from the first moment I watched its broadcast

Ryan: just better if its not needed :)

ok Ivo it seems like you convinced me... rFactor has sooooo many things which cant other games offer me - thanks for yours reply guys, I'd like to keep this discuss open for your opinions if you wish :)

I am going to buy rFactor this month...
again Thanks :)

wow my 666th post :letsgoracing:

In your Config.ini in your main rFactor folder you should also have this:

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=in MB
VideoRAM=GPU RAM MB x 1.5
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5

Some systems do not detect properly.

In your PLR you will only find tweaks. It all very much depends on the mod and the tracks tbh.

yes i`m on Windows 7

so with my specs - i7 920 6GB ram 1GB ati 4890

how should my ini look?

CPURating=4
SystemRAM=0
VideoRAM=3828
ObjDetail=0
TexDetail=1
VideoGUID=D7B71EE2-D720-11CF-2F75-0A07BEC2C535
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=51
VideoRefresh=0
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=0
VSync=1
ShaderLevel=3

thx :D

Assuming you're 64 bit and therefore running all 6GB RAM.

CPURating=5
SystemRAM=6144
VideoRAM=1536
ObjDetail=5
TexDetail=5
VideoGUID=D7B71EE2-D720-11CF-2F75-0A07BEC2C535
VideoDriver=0
VideoMode=51
VideoRefresh=0
WindowedMode=0
RunBenchmarks=0
FSAA=34