rFactor2 your pulling my leg right.

Well after hearing people online talking about rfactor2 I was like OK! I own it might as well try it.
After spending 3 hours just trying to get the cockpit view right so I could see out the windshield & looking for it to pickup on my Fanatec 2.5 base and McLaren GT3 wheel & Fanatec V3 Pedals. Thinking ok its working (what a joke).
So now I can drive out of the pits give it gas down the first strait @ Mid-Ohio down to the first Right WHAT!!!! NO Brakes! it all looked good in setup why no brakes ? Then the next WHAT? pushing the gas pedal to the floor, I feel I could outrun this thing to the first corner with a moped. Not to add the turning of the wheel is a joke. Also the intro to the game and menu is lacking thinking how much did I pay for this crap. Your Thoughts?

A) you have equipment that was all created AFTER rF2 came into existence. That is not to say your gear won't work, all those parts will, but it may be trickey(as you found).
B) Did you calibrate the wheel and pedals in the controller screens? Did you set the max then min? Did you see graphic movements when you pressed the pedals or turned the wheel? Did you go thru the 5 or 6 screens of controls and assign, verify and test that they are working correctly?
C) Did you warm up the brakes as you were leaving the pitlane area by repeatedly depressing the brake pedal while under the pitlane speed limiter?
D) Did you dis-engage the Pit Lane speed limiter after leaving the pits?
E) did you set the linearity to 50% (iRacing users will assume 100% is the correct setting. rF2 works off the center of the scale, not the end. values below 50% slow down initial sterring inputs. Values above 50% speed up the initial steering inputs.
F) If you went out at night, did you put your headlights on? (near instant DQ if you drive without them in the dark)
G)Do you have the message center enabled? This will notify you of penalties, mistakes, etc.
H) did you exit the pits before the track went green?
Just a few thoughts, off the top of my head.
Verify that all your controls are working in windows BEFORE ever launching rF2 and make sure the wheel is your preferred device, then the other peripherals. .
Good Luck!

they ARE working on it. but it's a small team and they have been focus'ed on DLC added content. We expect some major changes soon...(soon is a spongy term in rF2land) in the UI and online competition.
After that? they are barely halfway updating the existing DLC cars to the PBR shaders(no interior shaders yet). We think the upcoming Mclaren Senna GTR may have an updated PBR cockpit...but nothing confirmed yet. There should be several announcements at the upcoming SimRacing Expo at the Nordschleiffe. So hang in there through the first week of September to see what comes out of that.

Just this one out of the 10 Steam Sim Racing games I have this is only one I couldn't get to work and i walked away from it, Thinking wow there should be some way to get this fixed no? come on sitting in the car for 3 hours trying to get a forward looking view from the cockpit was a problem, but no matter what I did I was looking left + not knowing how to fix it? Then once I got a forward view then it looked like I was looking at the inside of the helmet and down at my feet under the chin strap. Then once I could look out the windscreen fIrst the gas was stuck wide open fixed that then no brakes got po big time, came here with questions???.....anyway i fixed it without any true help. So after 6 hours or more I was able to turn some laps, Sorry if I hurt anyones feelings with my opening rant.

we wait 3 years for the UI and you cry cause you spend 3 hours to fix the view ?
seriously why for me everything works perfect out of the box ?
the only problem is that the 1st time you choose your steering wheel in RF2 you just have to rebbot game to make it work.
but only the 1st time

Installed, setup, drive. It's really that easy. I'm not sure why some people can't get this.
It's not console gaming, things need tweaking on PC.
I learned that pretty quickly when I made the transition.
Glad you got your issues sorted though, without help apparently...

I had a good laugh while reading the opening post.
It seems you really had a bad start with rf2 man, sorry to hear but cheers for getting it done in the end :)

You were directly starting in vr or why were you looking left?

I have a csw 2.5 and csl elite lc pedals + g27 shifter on a Bodnar adapter.

I installed rf2, launched the game, loaded one of the csw profiles, mapped some buttons and went on track.
Adjusted fov and seating positions with wasd etc and all was done and working.
Reduced the per car multiplier to 0.5 for most cars and enjoyed it.

Seems like you were pretty unlucky with your experience!

Yep, new to the Sim racing thing. and couldn't understand what was going on, But after I got some help over on another forum we found my drivers needed to be updated, and the right res for a 65" T.V. so I could see everything on the screen, lets just say i'm not a computer person ok. LOL and I didn't notice anywhere else to adjust stuff only had the 4 boxes and 1 Race tab on the right, Didn't even think to look under (options) settings would have been nice. lol
Thanks
I had a good laugh while reading the opening post.
It seems you really had a bad start with rf2 man, sorry to hear but cheers for getting it done in the end :)

You were directly starting in vr or why were you looking left?

I have a csw 2.5 and csl elite lc pedals + g27 shifter on a Bodnar adapter.

I installed rf2, launched the game, loaded one of the csw profiles, mapped some buttons and went on track.
Adjusted fov and seating positions with wasd etc and all was done and working.
Reduced the per car multiplier to 0.5 for most cars and enjoyed it.

Seems like you were pretty unlucky with your experience!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 162 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 304 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 435 39.5%