Rfactor2 Test Season : Calender and General Discussion

I've literally done 5 laps a few days ago so don't really feel comfortable to do any reasonable time at the mo so unfortunately will have to miss this one but at Melbourne for the main race and the test one for sure :thumbsup:
Been looking forward to this as well just had no time sorry

Thanks for doing the race guys and to David for setting it up.
I'm glad we got the thing started even with the join problems; this thing should be fixed very soon.

This became really fun throughout the race for me. Car felt better and better with more rubber on track. My setup was maybe a bit to slippery in general, but not that far off it seems :)

Next one is hopefully with a couple more guys so it doesn't get boring for some during the race.

btw if some of you had tireproblems at the end of the stints today, you should foremost look at your braking if you are locking up tires multiple times, especially at medium-speed corners, as that kills them much faster than any kind of pushing can really do.

half of a 65min race should be no problem on any track, since this tires are actually made for no pitstop-races.

Maybe I can do the next one too; see you guys :)

thanks for turning up guys, was good fun, a few problems with the server to sort out but on the whole it was good, good racing with dino within a couple of secs for so long until i fluffed it a few times pushing too hard, looking forward to the next one :thumbsup:

Thanks for the race all. I think we could end up really enjoying RF2. I'm also convinced this Beta season is a good idea simply to iron out all the bugs and sort out issues that you really only discover when you're racing. The more people that join the races the more issues we will get sorted out. Almost all of those issues are not dependent on you having done any practice at all, it's just about getting cars on the grid, running some laps and seeing what can go wrong.

My race was pretty uneventful. I ended up going for a two stopper due to rapid degradation on my front right. It was definitely the wrong strategy but I was happy for some extra pit stop practice. It's worth noting for all who would like to have a go in the beta season, that the formula Renault is not meant to be able to refuel. However ISI seem to have forgotten to disable some of the refueling options. This will mean you will be tempted to try and refuel during the race, don't do it!!!! Though it kind of works on your first stop, if for any reason you need to stop more than once, you will keep receiving fuel and there's nothing you can do about it! I think its also just unreliable as to how much fuel you will receive. This isn't the case for other cars which are intended to be able to be refueled. As Dino has stated before, having to start the race with a full tank is actually quite good for the racing, it forces you to drive with a setup that's full of compromises and prevents the race being three straight sprints.

So many little features will also help presto greatly. Being able to exit and rejoin during Qual and warmup without losing your grid spot is very good. Giving the server operator the ability to modify the grid as required is also very helpful.

Thanks to David for pushing us forward with this Beta season.

Whenever I am running on the RF2 Presto server, I make sure I'm logged onto Steam chat as well to maximise my chances of running into other presto members. It also gives us a chance to stay intouch when there are server issues.

See you all on the track.

It was a nice event, very useful to learn what can go wrong in the future. We should decide about Parc Fermé (I'm totally for it) and pit lane speed limit (I'm against it, but I understand that it could be dangerous because we're no longer ghosts in the pit lane). Having a formation lap is really cool. With more people there would have been more fight and we probably could have seen if there's something wrong with collisions or wheel to wheel contacts.

About refuel there's definitively something wrong with this car, since there's an option for refueling that is not really useful, so we can decide not to refuel and start with a full tank : 110l is enough for a 65min race. I started with that and was left with about 10l at the end of the race if I remember.

I prefer using the limiter too. The pit lane's a very slippery place in rF2, since it's concrete and has very little rubber. Plus, pit stops for tires were only 7-8 seconds, so they're very fast. Which is a fix to the problem that lead to Presto dropping pit lane speed limits in the first place.

I guess we need to look into the Parc Ferme stuff a little more, as just setting it in the PLR file evidently wasn't enough. Does it have a setting in multiplayer.ini perhaps? Not sure. But apart from that, this has been a success in my mind. :)

Thanks David for making this happen :D

It was a nice event, very useful to learn what can go wrong in the future. We should decide about Parc Fermé (I'm totally for it) and pit lane speed limit (I'm against it, but I understand that it could be dangerous because we're no longer ghosts in the pit lane). Having a formation lap is really cool. With more people there would have been more fight and we probably could have seen if there's something wrong with collisions or wheel to wheel contacts.

About refuel there's definitively something wrong with this car, since there's an option for refueling that is not really useful, so we can decide not to refuel and start with a full tank : 110l is enough for a 65min race. I started with that and was left with about 10l at the end of the race if I remember.
Have to agree with the others. Pit speed limiter is really important, because you should loose some time in a pit stop and as @April Dillon said the pit lane is damn slippery. Wheb I do offline testing I havr the rules deactivated and dont use the limiter leaing the pit when it is a long way just to save time, but on the real world and with several cars pitting at the same time it would be mental. I can see at least 4 dnfs due to pit stop accidents.

regards parc ferme settings, i think thats a problem at my end, ive just noticed that all the changes i saved have been defaulted in the plr, it wont save at all for some reason, ive even changed setting then set it to read only yet as soon as i start the game it changes back to normal and defaults the settings, its quite funny because for the last few weeks my graphics settings need reset everytime i go on the game so thats a problem i need to sort out, once i have parc ferme should be easy to turn off :thumbsup:

what id like is that all the real life things that are available to us in rf2 get used, i.e formation lap, parc ferme, speed limiter, all these things would add a great deal of realism and im all for that, as others have said these tests are a good way to get everyone used to that.

like tim i think we will have loads of fun with rf2 in future, but for now its back to melbourne practise for race07 :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 129 13.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 100 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 94 9.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 67 6.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 135 13.8%