Rfactor2 still has the best AI bar none..........

Andy_J

I hate Race cheats ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Today I have been doing some offline racing against the AI using the GT3 World mod. I had two fantastic races at Silverstone GP track with me finishing 3rd in one race and 8th in the next. The AI seem to be very clever in Rfactor2. They block, they attempt really smart moves on you and most of all they also make mistakes. Rfactor 2 is superb for offline AI racing even using mods. It can only get better folks.

ps, they don't cheat either.
K1CEhVi.png

52dMh6A.png

pJJVQPj.png

Last edited:
rF2 is second to none the very best AI we have in a sim today. In both rF1 and rF2 i did hundreds of tracks to fine tune the AI for best performance for certain car mods and also completely made new track AIW's for those troublesome 3rd party tracks. Those great AI blocking skills are present only if blocking lines were made for a track and done properly and i'am surprised that some 3rd party tracks don't even include one.

After i fine tune or if necessary make a brand new AIW to benefit a certain mod's fast lines and braking points plus if required fine-tune the car mod's AI performance you will find it very difficult to win a race with the AI strength set to 100% even if you're a seasoned driver!

Final thoughts: I hope that Studio 397 fixes the AI's wet weather code so they will be just as competitive in the rain because the AI are useless as they are way too slow!!

Last edited:
Yep. I was also racing offline yesterday with the Simtek mod at Monza and had a blast....and have to agree with the blocking skills. It really feels like you're racing real people.
Also I think it's the sim that handles offline multiclass the best. In most games, higher class AI don't know how to properly pass lower class cars so once they hit traffic they get stuck behind them tho for the most part I think RF2 does the job pretty well.

In most games, higher class AI don't know how to properly pass lower class cars so once they hit traffic they get stuck behind them
Exactly my experience with Assetto Corsa. Somehow the AI doesn't seem to communicate "hey, were're faster and we're coming" and "OK, I'll let you pass". Somehow, it seems something similar to the dialog above happens on rFactor 2, the faster car passes easily while the slower gives way.

rFactor 2 AI is a beautiful thing :inlove:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back