rFactor2 should I get it ?

I am currently in posession of iRacing and Assetto Corsa. In iRacing my subscription ends in November and I bought 3 cars, 4 tracks, and for Assetto Corsa I have first patch bought I can easily buy the other ones. Basically I tried rFactor2 demo and it surprised me so much how different it is from iRacing and AC, it just feels better, hard to explain...and I want to buy it and test it, so my question is which should I buy on Steam and what does it offer, best buy ?
There is just one buy rFactor2 for 30 dollars, does that include offline, all cars?
And what about DLC ?

Yes, buy Steam. That is the future for ISI.

$30 is offline only, no online access(*). Yes, offline includes all cars & tracks. As of this time, ISI has no DLC add-ons, though there are 3rd party pay mods (URD).

(*) You'd have to buy annual online access when you want it. I believe at this time ISI does not offer a conversion to the lifetime online access for Steam clients, so choose wisely.

• Deleted member 130869

I am currently in posession of iRacing and Assetto Corsa. In iRacing my subscription ends in November and I bought 3 cars, 4 tracks, and for Assetto Corsa I have first patch bought I can easily buy the other ones. Basically I tried rFactor2 demo and it surprised me so much how different it is from iRacing and AC, it just feels better, hard to explain...and I want to buy it and test it, so my question is which should I buy on Steam and what does it offer, best buy ?
There is just one buy rFactor2 for 30 dollars, does that include offline, all cars?
And what about DLC ?

You should buy from ISI so you have a full week to try it. If you like it you can then go through the Steam transfer system, if not, you get a refund.

rF2 is worth every penny you throw at it. There is no DLC like other Sims. You buy the product + online subscription at $12 a year (Beats the pants off of iracing's business model) Or if you think online is the way to go you can pay for the lifetime membership. ISI is not going anywhere as they are in this for the long haul. I think the lifetime membership is the way to go, especially if you are into league racing. If you are into pickup racing then rF2 may leave you wanting in the short term. However, there are systems being developed (Sim racing system) to help assist in getting more pickup racing.

As you have said, the feeling of rF2 is not comparable to any other sim. It should be in any serious sim racers library.

Yes I tried the demo which is licensed from 2013 - 2014, so its a bit older version I guess and I liked the feeling and newer version must be so much better, it and you are right it's not comparable.
I think I will buy Steam version for 30 dollars and when I get some feel for the game I will join for league racing and buy 1 year subscription. Thank you very much guys.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 192 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 378 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 517 38.7%