rFactor2 gets the wrong wheel rotation for AccuForce

Shovas

Premium
Update: Solved by disabling Steering Help Low. No idea how that got enabled I would never use that.

I think I asked this before and got a good answer about editing Controller.JSON and setting Rotation From Driver=false and Software Rotation=true but no matter what I do rFactor is always remembering a weird "538" value which isn't even what I set in SimCommander and save to the wheel (540 or 900, neither works).

So, is there something else I need to do to get the wheel rotation to stick to preferably 900?

I edit Controller.JSON, I start the game from Steam, when the game loads I run SimCommander and everything appears to work fine but in-game the wheel rotation always says 538 and when I reload Controller.JSON it has reverted to the 538 value. I just don't understand where it's getting that number from now.

Thanks

Last edited:
That number is computed by the sim to match the radius available to whatever car you are using. It is activated by the Vehicle Set option on the controls page. If Vehicle Set is changing your steering to 538° or 540° then that is done to match the actual car.(most of the DLC GT cars use that value) Disable that by unchecking the Vehicle Set box. And, btw, that issue about your control panel being reset to match the in-game setting is known. Several users of many different brands of wheels have reported it.
540 is correct for most GT3 and GTE cars sold via DLC. Can't say about other cars without testing.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back