rfactor Wont even start up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help me please, as the title says rfactor wont start it comes up with 'rfactor has stopped working' and goes no further! I have tried a reinstall but no success, someone please help me :(

kind Regards,
Matthew Parr

Help me please, as the title says rfactor wont start it comes up with 'rfactor has stopped working' and goes no further! I have tried a reinstall but no success, someone please help me :(

kind Regards,
Matthew Parr

Can you please be more specific?

Fresh install of rF, or suddenly this error. Did it happen after installing a mod/track?
Is there an entry in the application eventlog? (start->run->type: "eventvwr" and view the application log for errors)

I had exactly the same problem before last Mondays Mini race's.
I did do a complete search of my hard drive after I uninstalled rFactor to check that no folders etc had not been left behind.

A complete reinstall cleared the problem for me. That is with XP though.

Sorry I could not be more helpful.

• Kyle Evers

Well im running Vista 32-bit and i just installed the NCL VLN 2005 Mod and then even after i did a clean reinstall of rF it was doing it!

Eh, I'm having difficulties installing VLN 2005. The donload keeps pausing.

For your problem, trying doing "Run as Administrator." When I downloaded TDU recently (test Drive Unlimited), it would say "Test Drive Unlimited has stopped working". I'd keep trying and it wouldn't run. When I tried running it as Administrator, it worked. That should work.

You can also try to reinstall again, makng sure you have a minimal amount of other programs open or not using the internet as much during download.

Additionally, try using Firefox if you used IE for download or visa verca.

If possible, download rFactor from another site.

The last suggestion I have is to try downloading rFactor lite.

I uninstalled the SCE mod because I could'nt handle the pit crew chatter every time I made a mistake on the track. Now my exe. file for rFactor is missing and the game wont run. I have to try getting it working when I get home from work today. You might check to see if your exe. file is missing now.

I uninstalled the SCE mod because I could'nt handle the pit crew chatter every time I made a mistake on the track. Now my exe. file for rFactor is missing and the game wont run. I have to try getting it working when I get home from work today. You might check to see if your exe. file is missing now.

OK, I reinstalled rFactor over the original installation and it seems to be working now. I didnt have to reinstall the mods I already had this way. Hope this helps you.

Exactly this has happened to me just a moment ago. Really annoying. I will try to reinstall rfactor the way John managed to do it.

3 people (including myself) had the same problem with the SCE mod. Apparently it is an issue with the SCE mod that is documented on their site. Delete your current profile folder will fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 75 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 111 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 151 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 288 27.6%