rFactor wheel settings/setup guide

I just bought rFactor and have been having trouble trying to set up my steering wheel parameters and force feedback settings in game, feel more realistic,or to put it more accurately so I can drive. I have tried a few different cars and played around a bit with some of the settings but my car still feels very weird.

If anyone has some good baseline settings or knows of a good rFactor guide to help me set up my hardware to work with the game to improve realism I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for any help anyone may be able to provide!

More pertinent info:
I currently have a Momo Logitech wheel. My new Logitech G. 27 wheel will be delivered next week. maybe I should just wait since I know they will be totally different but I am still wanting to get some practice in with the rFactor game. I have been playing mostly race 07 for the last few years. I am really looking forward to the WTM S3 and bought rFactor just for this purpose.

Race 07 settings:
force feedback strength 55%
force feedback effects medium
steering sensitivity 50%
speed sensitive steering 0%

There are a few settings in the rFactor game that I do not understand even what they do yet, such as the digital steering rate, speed sensitivity, exaggerated Yaw.

Current rFactor settings:
force feedback type wheel
force feedback effects low
force feedback strength 30%
Digital steer rate 20%
speed sensitive steering 20%
exaggerated Yaw 0%

can someone tell me how i can setup my microsoft sidewinder ffb wheel? completely turning the wheel results in almost 0 what leads straight into the wall

In the controller settings in-game, set Speed Sensitivity to 0%, make sure your X axis sensitivity, as well as pedal sensitivity for that matter, is 50%, and increase Steering Lock in your car setup if need be.

I tried a ffb guide on the steam site but nothing works.
Doesn't even save your controller settings this sim even when you save them to a preset.
When you load it,the default settings are back again.
Bloody Nora.

I tried a ffb guide on the steam site but nothing works.
Doesn't even save your controller settings this sim even when you save them to a preset.
When you load it,the default settings are back again.
Bloody Nora.
Really? What wheel are you using? Can't you just load the preset that saved earlier?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 325 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 224 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 217 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 166 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 283 13.4%