rFactor vs. G27 FFB center spring issue

Hello there!

It seems rfactorcentral.com is down for the moment being (?), so I'll start here.

Just returned to rFactor after 4 years of hibernation and now trying to setup my Logitech G27 up. Totally stucked!

It's a center spring issue, i.e. if I turn left, the FFB forces even stronger movement in same direction (to the left) instead of FFB resistance! :-(
Center spring seems to be inverted no matter what values I set for it in Logitech Profiler or in-game settings!

I'm using Windows 10-64bit, latest upgrades (4 years ago I used Win 10-64 bit as well, and no center spring issues).
I have tried using compability mode; compatibilty check suggests Windows Vista (but tried all modes), but with compatibility mode rFactor will not start through Logitech Profiler.

I've tried almost every options, including hints and tips from links below. Maybe I should change a parameter in a game profile file?

These tips, I've already tried, without any luck:
(for 900° mods, but irrellevant here, the important thing is ofcourse the FFB Wheel to operate as expected)

Hope for a solution. Just re-found my old F1 1983-84 mod, driving at old 70ies version of Kyalami, this rocks with keyboard, but will be treble as good with correct working FFB wheel.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Breakthrough! :):):)

Found an old rFactor installation of one of my older HDD's. The FFB settings in-game was totally standard as from new install (only used this install for keyboard-gaming).
But the keys were:
  • Compatibility-mode = Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
  • Not using Logitech Profiler, since it will not work with compatibility mode activated.
  • Instead changing the universal windows settings for the Logitech G27 device.
And yes, It works with any center spring values in the G27 windows device settings, despite of all warnings putting values here :)
From here on it's an relatively easy task fine-tuning FFB values in-game.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 299 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 150 7.7%
  • < 5 years