Bram Hengeveld

Site Founder
Staff
Premium

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 251
I've not ever seen the error message before - I'll do a little more research, to see if I can dig anything up. It almost looks like it's something to do with the activation for the game? I might be way off the mark though..

In the meantime, have you tried contacting customer services by clicking the link? It might be something they're familiar with, after a reinstall.

it maybe an issue with Windows rather than rF Bram. I'm assuming you've done all the updates for Windows? DX error maybe? Do other games run ok? :frusty:

I've heard that the activation can get screwed up sometimes on a new install:

Take a backup of your Trymedia folder (found in C:\documents and settings\All Users\Application Data in XP or C:\Users\All Users in Vista) then remove the original - it should ask for reactivation after running rFactor, so have your activation key handy!

Not seen that message either Bram, but I had to reinstall rFactor this week to my new PC, and also had problems with my original saved downloaded installation file. I assume it was because it was the older version.
So I just downloaded the newer rFactor Lite 1255 version, and everything went fine. When it required activation, I just entered my activation code from before and it activated immediately.

Have you checked whether you still have that Trymedia folder in Documents and settings, maybe it ended up in a different location. If so, kill it and try again.

My old file was gone after reformatting the pc. Ramon and i have tried to install 3 different downloads, different keys, and also rF Lite with no success..

So the one that comes with the golden answer will make me a really happy man. All ready missed today's Karting event in the Racing Club because of this... Me and rFactor don't get allong to well i think :)

One other thing to check - you're running the latest version right? If your DVD wasn't the 1255 version, you can get the update from the rFactor.net site - bare in mind there are two different versions, one for the downloaded copy, and one for the DVD copy.

Turning into a real challenge this one! It might be a good idea, like Patrick says, to contact support at the same time - it can't do any harm. :)

Lol Bram, yesterday I was about to post something about virusscanners, until I saw that you tried everything that was named in a link earlier this thread, so I thought you already tried it, since there also was something about virusscanners in it :bounce:

Good to hear it's solved.

Solution for AVG Free users to run rFactor is to make an exception for the rFactor folder.

• Right click AVG Anti-Virus Free (system tray)
  • Open AVG User Interface
  • Double click Resident Shield Component
  • Click on "Manage Exceptions"
  • Add path to directory where you have rFactor installed (in example: C:\GAMES\rFactor\)
  • Apply
  • Save Changes
Game will run fine now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 89 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 8.9%
  • < 3 years