Rfactor to GSC Mods

I decided i needed a version of the Thruxton circuit for this game as i am spending most of my driving time on GSC. I downloaded Grumbels quality conversion tool and with a fair bit of searching around and a few clicks i had Thruxton which i have uploaded on RD, which turned out pretty well.

Unfortunately for my sanity that opened a rather large can of conversion worms! Basically i have gone conversion nuts and any rfactor mod of any distinction i have d/l, converted and tested in game to check if it is worth my time or straight in the recycle bin.

The cars done by Reiza are obviously are of a high/higher standard than most of the admittingly very good rfactor mods. So after many many hours of converting (the easy bit) then testing and tweaking the realfeel configurations i am left with the conclusion that most of them are not worth bothering with.

This is because in the main they just cant compare with the official cars that have been done by the pro's and things have moved on from graphically from when they were built also no amount of tweaking can replicate the FFB of the Reiza cars.

I have a list of about 4 mods out of maybe 40-50 tested that may be worth your time in my humble opinion and straight out the box work well with GSC.

Now i'm not sure if i can list them here even without links, i have one rar'd up ready to upload and i dont think there is any chance of contacting the original mod maker for it, the others i doubt permission would be granted. If someone can answer if i can list or even upload any i would appreciate it as i dont want to upset anyone after all their hard work but it means the mod would live on and i would like to hear other peoples opinions too on my results.

I now need a lie down :sleep:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years