rFactor - Targa Florio on it's way

Back in September, the legendary Targa Florio was released for Grand Prix Legends, leaving users of other simulations jealous about this both massive and legendary track.

This changes now as kuato, Bud Lucas, Deadeyeski, [dd] Baule, TICTOC, 6e66o, Philrob, Motorfx & seventies are working on a rFactor conversion of the track. To bring it up to rFactor standards, the track has been equipped with new textures, shaders, a new AIW supporting large fields and much more. Below are first previews of the rFactor version to get everybody excited.

Located on the Italian Island of Sicily, the 72 kilometer track is one of the most epic motorsport race tracks ever used. As safety concerns became an influence in international motorsports, the Targa Florio sports car race lost its world championship status and is still run as an Italian rallye today.

source: Virtualr

Attachments

• 1nc6g.jpg
    1nc6g.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 465
  • 2eh62.jpg
    2eh62.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 480
  • 5egy6.jpg
    5egy6.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 423
  • 6ehrf.jpg
    6ehrf.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 558
  • 7zea0.jpg
    7zea0.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 519
  • 8uhlx.jpg
    8uhlx.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 751
  • 9cge7.jpg
    9cge7.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 610
  • 10xf9j.jpg
    10xf9j.jpg
    104.2 KB · Views: 463
  • 35dv0.jpg
    35dv0.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 408
  • 47ghh.jpg
    47ghh.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 409
Is there an estimate on a release date?
Now that I know that such an awsome circuit of this size & magnatude can be made to work in rFactor I dont feel quite so daunted by my own! Huge thanks to the team involved. Now I'll:sigarette:&:pray:....

Wow, I can't wait to see this finished and drive it myself! Keep up the good work ;)

Ps: I've never been around the Rf forum before, I only frequent the Racer forum. I though that it would be nice to walk around the neighbourhood, since I'm regaining interest in rFactor again eheh ;)

Congrats on the purchase :)

On topic I have a question. Is there anything known yet if this track will be released for rFactor? Or will it become available for rFactor 2?

rFactor is the planned platform.

It MAY come to rF2 but as it is based on the GPL scratch made version that could be a big undertaking. We may not see that for a couple of years as, knowing the guys behind it, they would want to do the track full justice, rather than a straight port.

Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all fans of historic racing and the Targa Florio.

I know, you probably wished for a download link, but we cant fulfil that wish quite yet..

All you track modding people out there, we need your help to put the finishing touches on this track!
Contact us!

PS
This was a practice lap on testday,
race session obviously has all the specators on the side of the road.

HistorX 2.0 Alfa GTA featuring revised physics by Niels Heusinkveld.

My rig:
http://simscreens.blogspot.com/2010/11/project-new-racing-rig-part-6.html

Also visit the historX & Targa Florio Conversion Team Forum:
http://www.historx.net
http://194088.homepagemodules.de/f39-Targa-Florio.html

Enjoy the video!
santaninotyqd.png

targavideopreviewq90z.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%