rFactor pauses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. New to the forums and sim racing (I don't even have a wheel yet!). I've been trying demos of various sims to see what I like but I'm having a bit of a problem with rFactor. Every so often (about twice a lap on average) the screen and sound freezes for a few seconds. During this pause there is no response to any controls. Then it will start up again as if nothing had happened. If I watch a replay it looks as though the car stops, reverses for a few yards, then drives forward past where it originally stopped, pauses for a few seconds and then drives on.

I am running the program on a laptop (not ideal I know) with an Intel Core 2 Duo T7300, 2 gig RAM and a GeForce 8600M graphics card. The OS is Vista Home Premium 32-bit. I have tried reinstalling the software and running as administrator but nothing seems to make any difference. I'm just hoping that you good people might have a suggestion for me, because if it wasn't for this I like rFactor a lot. I just don't think I'm going to be very competitive if my car stops a couple of times a lap! :laugh2:

Regards

Andrew

Just to make sure, the laptop was not on battery?
Laptops run on lower frequency and fps when on battery.
But I guess we can exclude that one?

Have you downloaded the latest directx 9 drivers and have tried other demo's like Race07 or GTR Evolution?

I have been running the laptop on mains power, so that's OK. I have also been able to run GTR Evo and Netkar Pro without problems. But I did miss updating DX9, so I'll have a go at that and report back. Thanks for the input.

Quick edit - Tried updating DX9 but I still have the problem.

Regards

Andrew

I have been running the laptop on mains power, so that's OK. I have also been able to run GTR Evo and Netkar Pro without problems. But I did miss updating DX9, so I'll have a go at that and report back. Thanks for the input.

Quick edit - Tried updating DX9 but I still have the problem.

Regards

Andrew

Can you try to run rF windowed? See if that differs. Its in the rF config.
Also try different settings like resolution and anti-alias.
Btw, often problems in games are related to soundcards. Try to lower it in the same rF config. Even try software audio.

Well I spent the evening tweaking settings and making changes in Config.ini. I had the graphics and audio settings with everything turned right down and everything turned right up and I still get this little pause every so often. It's beginning to look like GTR Evo for me.

Right click on the rfactor icon on your desk top. Select properties, then click on the Shortcut tab. In the target box add this
+fullproc +highprio
Mine looks like this but you will have rfactor installed in a different location
C:\Games\rFactor\rFactor.exe +fullproc +highprio

Might solve the pauses I know it has for other people.

Right click on the rfactor icon on your desk top. Select properties, then click on the Shortcut tab. In the target box add this
+fullproc +highprio
Mine looks like this but you will have rfactor installed in a different location
C:\Games\rFactor\rFactor.exe +fullproc +highprio

Might solve the pauses I know it has for other people.

Thanks for this. I had found the +fullproc argument but not the +highprio. I'll try them together and see if that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 282 27.5%