rFactor on Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've moved your question to a seperate thread to stay on topic.

I have not yet tried win7, but in Vista you can set a game shortcut/exe to compatibility mode; XP SP2. Check if the option is available.
Also, have you installed DirectX 9? In Vista DirectX 9 is not available by default. You have to download it separately from Microsoft.

It would also help if you post the error and/or some screenshots of the error you get.

Will DX9 actually install on vista? Some games ask for it to install on setup but nothing is changed afterwards. I also never had to install dx9 to run rFactor on Vista.

Abdul have you had any luck installing it on W7? If not what goes wrong?

i have used Windows 7 quiet extensively on one of my test PC's Rfactor works fine but i however found a few other issues that made uninstall it.about 3 times iv tried and been happy for a while until something creeps in.I infact have tried differant Windows 7 and do remember one of them not wanting to start rfactor.

Ok guys am haing huge issues with running the game

Gotta be honest and admit I ahvent played it for ages while playing Race 07 and its mods

I spent all day today downloading the touring car legends

I am running 32 bit vista and ahve played the game before

But now, I can enter a track, sit and watch but when I g on track teh lap takes about 30 secs then the entire program closes down

I presume they are sitll running 1.255? Could it be that?

I dont use any AV at all and only Windws Firewall

Am very careful

I should say it only happens in online games on a server

I ahve just been hotlapping the same track I was having issues with Midd Ohio and it was fine

So might be an online thing? As I say I could enter server but as soon as I ran the thing just dumped entire game

Drivers are up to date aswell

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline