rFactor newbie,questions

Hi all! In rFactor 2 I'm newbie,and i have some questions:)

1. How can I create my championship with my tracks?
2. What Increment boost,Decrement boost and Increment Mixture? How it works?
3. Do AI use pitstop? Do they change tires,add fuel etc?

Sorry for my english and thanks for the answers!:)

boost is turbo pressure so only cars with turbo engines can make use of that setting. Increment Boost increases the turbo pressure and you car should produce more horsepower but use more fuel. Decrement turns the boost pressure down, reducing power and saving fuel.
Yes the AI pit, usually when fuel runs out. They almost always change tires every stop. Sometimes they stop too often when wet weather is involved swapping between dry and wet tires repeatedly.

To add to the boost pressure. The Mixture is how lean/fat the engine runs on fuel. Higher setting means the engine gets more fuel, it gives a bit more power but also uses up the fuel faster.
Worth noting that on everything boost/mixture, you might find that using mods, one car might have 1 as max boost, while another have 1 as lowest boost!

1. How can I create my championship with my tracks?

Create "Race Events"

Consider using a local server

Use third party rF2 Log Analyzer for championship points, etc.

They almost always change tires every stop. Sometimes they stop too often when wet weather is involved swapping between dry and wet tires repeatedly.
That is, they only change tires when they need to add fuel? I just didn’t notice that they were entering the pit stop. Do they change the tires compound? For example Soft to Medium, Or they change to the one that they have and is worth Soft to Soft? Oh, and also, sorry for so many questions:D, is it possible to see somewhere how many AI made pit stops, what tires they changed, and so on?

Yes, there is a tool called..... uhmm..rf2 log analyzer(I think) should be in download sections under utilities or other .... It will look at the file created after every session and display what the AI are doing.
Hopefully someone with a better memory than mine will fill in the blanks.

boost is turbo pressure so only cars with turbo engines can make use of that setting. Increment Boost increases the turbo pressure and you car should produce more horsepower but use more fuel. Decrement turns the boost pressure down, reducing power and saving fuel.
Yes the AI pit, usually when fuel runs out. They almost always change tires every stop. Sometimes they stop too often when wet weather is involved swapping between dry and wet tires repeatedly.
Thank you! But what does mean AI Limiter?

Thank you! But what does mean AI Limiter?

"When the AI Limiter variable(from the playerfile) value is > 0.0, the AI drivers go through cycles of optimal driving and sub-optimal driving where their driving skill falls to MinRacingSkill * Speed. (Set the AI Limiter variable to 0.0, and the AIs will always drive to the best of their ability...every lap)"

There's more here about the AI variables here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rcd-talent-file.52996/#post-860574

"When the AI Limiter variable(from the playerfile) value is > 0.0, the AI drivers go through cycles of optimal driving and sub-optimal driving where their driving skill falls to MinRacingSkill * Speed. (Set the AI Limiter variable to 0.0, and the AIs will always drive to the best of their ability...every lap)"

There's more here about the AI variables here: https://forum.studio-397.com/index.php?threads/rcd-talent-file.52996/#post-860574
Can I set the AI to use my car settings, downforce, tires, etc.?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back