rFactor: New track .SCN

I converted a track that I think I originally converted from GP3 and Modified it to Detroit82, then converted it to F1C. All worked fine.

I recently converted it to rFactor and I thought all was well. I used 3dSimEd and all looked fine, no missing textures, etc.

I used the .scn file it produced, added the locations for the .mas files, added Sky material etc.

Used a generic .gdb, .cam and .aiw from Toban. It will not load. I ran a trace and shows no exact errors other than it will not load. Edited them as needed. I does show up in the tracks list.

Any suggestions? I would like to finish this track and update the textures for rFactor.

Cheers

Does it show up in game. you know where you pick your track from the list. Is it in there? If it does but then goes to load and gets stuck does your pc go bong and you have an error cant open .mas? If you get that it cant find the .mas file. If it is not that look at all the naming of the files and make sure there the same as if your 1 letter out it will not work.

Look at the .scn file and see that all is ok there and the .gdb

I know it seems like silly things but it goes on alot i have had it my self many time and it took me hours and hours to work out that 1 letter was wrong :)

Does it show up in game. you know where you pick your track from the list. Is it in there? If it does but then goes to load and gets stuck does your pc go bong and you have an error cant open .mas? If you get that it cant find the .mas file. If it is not that look at all the naming of the files and make sure there the same as if your 1 letter out it will not work.

Look at the .scn file and see that all is ok there and the .gdb

I know it seems like silly things but it goes on alot i have had it my self many time and it took me hours and hours to work out that 1 letter was wrong :)

Thanks for your response.

I have checked all you mentioned. I am beginning to think that it is a shader problem in the gmt files. I think I am going to have to research a way to check on this. I can find plenty of documentation to convert, GPL. GTR2, GTL, etc., but I have not found much on converting F1C tracks.

I may have to check every file individually unless someone knows an easier way.

Cheers

I have not done an F1c convert my self but There are some on here that I think have done some. If you cant find any it might be worth going to CTDP website and asking on there as many of the tracks they made they also converted them to rFactor and most of them would be more then happy to help :)

I have not done an F1c convert my self but There are some on here that I think have done some. If you cant find any it might be worth going to CTDP website and asking on there as many of the tracks they made they also converted them to rFactor and most of them would be more then happy to help :)

Thanks again.

I have a tutorial written by ??? and followed to the t. I may just sit on it a bit as I have to finish Long Beach 82.

Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 353 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 178 7.9%
  • < 5 years