rFactor is 10 years old: celebrate with Sardian Heights for rFactor 2

GRAB_085.jpg

Happy birthday, rFactor! Image Space Incorporated's classic sim is turning 10 today, and the developers have launched the #10YearsOFrFactor hashtag.

Time flies, doesn't it? As our poor old bodies start to creak and wrinkle, so do the digital bits of racing sims, with increasingly dated graphics and less sophisticated physics and whatnot.

Yet, ISI is trying to give the original rFactor content a new lease of life. With the upcoming release of the new jGED modding tool, the developers have managed to port some content to rFactor 2 "in a couple of hours".

So now you can enjoy the Kodi ZR, a road car with a plethora of tuning and customization options, and the Sardian Heights fictional street circuit. The latter is a circuit inspired by Macau and Monaco, and the long layout has no less than three hairpins.

According to the official webpage, jGED is going to be available before the end of the week - hopefully allowing for better, more efficient porting of content. The old rFactor cars and tracks will enjoy all the features of the rF2 engine when ported, including real road, chassis flex etc.

Download the Kodi ZR here and Sardian Heights here.

What are your favorite memories about rFactor? Any specific content from the original game that you would like to see released for rFactor 2?

Please feel free to comment below with your thoughts.

Huh, let me take another look at the press release. I might have misunderstood the original wording - it's clear the models and textures will remain dated, but I'm guessing jGED offers some way to add the new features into the old content.

No, it is a material editor (graphics) like Assetto Corsa has released, nothing more, nothing less. I agree that the press statement from ISI was a bit confusing.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 205 14.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 148 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 109 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 207 14.2%