rFactor - Ideas for the new racing events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
In this thread i would like to see you share your thoughts on what you would like to see in the future rF racing club events.
As i said in the [thread=12325]rFactor - New and Improved[/thread] thread i am going to put together a list of a set number of mods and tracks.
I am currently thinking of 10 different mods and 20 to 30 different tracks.
This way we can limit the amount of changes people need to make in order to race.

After a while, i will change the list to accomodate new mods/ tracks.
I'm thinking three months would be nice...
Here are some things i would like you to consider when putting mods/ tracks in your list:
- They need to offer well balanced, close and especially fun racing.
- I would also like to see mods/ tracks that are realistic in feel, sound and graphics.
- Also maybe consider a default car class for a series of races (maybe openwheelers?)
- For the true hardcore simmers; what would you like to see for a racing series? (possibly F1?)
- Try to think a bit outside the box, no need to do the same kind of events that GTRe offers. Maybe dirt races...?
- In my opinion mods that allready have proven themselfs should be considered first.

I am sure you guys will come up with some great insights on this, and i hope we can come together on this subject to make this a great new start.

Regards, Marcel

hey ,let me be the first,i'm new to rfactor,i've buy it two days ago but i'm still addicted to this game ,for the moment,i only played the PCC mod on the default track,but the porsches are really good,it's not very original but this mod have a great success,also,the epsilon euskadi could be nice,never play it but some friends in french comunitys tell me this mod is great,for the tracks i must try to dl some to tell which one i'd like to race in the events..
EDIT: maybe we could have long enduro with players switch..

We need races with mods like Formula Nippon 2007, F1 1988, Champ Car 2007, Indy Car 95, Indycar Series 2008, MMG F1 2007 2.1, Gp 1979, Epsilon Euskadi, BMW E21, BMW M1 Procar, Historic GT and Touring Cars, ProtoRacer Proton 1.10 + ProtoRacer Demon 1.00, Série Internationale Du Mans 2.52, Sports Car Challenge (American Le Mans) 1.20 with this soundpack

Tracks: Essington, OLDRing, Indianapolis, Varano de'Melegari, Paul Ricard 1988/HTTT, Jerez 1988, Monza 1988, Monaco 1988, Mid Ohio, Estoril 1988, Manfeild, Norisring 2008, Silverstone 1988, Eastern Creek Laser 1.01, Pukekohe Park-WGTL 1.00, Sepang GP4, Misano 2.00, Bahrain International 1.00, Laguna Seca 1.2.

That's a good list :p

We need races with mods like Formula Nippon 2007, F1 1988, Champ Car 2007, Indy Car 95, Indycar Series 2008, MMG F1 2007 2.1, Gp 1979, Epsilon Euskadi, BMW E21, BMW M1 Procar, Historic GT and Touring Cars, ProtoRacer Proton 1.10 + ProtoRacer Demon 1.00, Série Internationale Du Mans 2.52, Sports Car Challenge (American Le Mans) 1.20 with this soundpack

Tracks: Essington, OLDRing, Indianapolis, Varano de'Melegari, Paul Ricard 1988/HTTT, Jerez 1988, Monza 1988, Monaco 1988, Mid Ohio, Estoril 1988, Manfeild, Norisring 2008, Silverstone 1988, Eastern Creek Laser 1.01, Pukekohe Park-WGTL 1.00, Sepang GP4, Misano 2.00, Bahrain International 1.00, Laguna Seca 1.2.

That's a good list :p

+1

My choice of mods at the moment:
- Legends Cars
- VW Lupo's
- Cart Factor (in development)
- Some occasional rallycross would be awesome

Ill send you the links on msn/pm Marcel. Thanks for helping out here :thumb:

I read your note saying this "no need to do the same kind of events that GTRe offers".

My question would be why. Speaking for myself I am a bit bored with Race07/Evo. Every time the same cars, no new good mods (development is still active with rFactor). Tracks are ok.
I like touringcars/GT cars also and would be great to them also in rFactor. Especially GT with the better management in rFactor would be fantastic (pitstops/starting/etc). Most mods support 30+ drivers, which is far more better then the 25 in evo.

That said, I like to see these mods:

• Karting (not sure which is the most fun mod)
  • Open wheelers:
    • F1 for the hardcore (MMG or CDTP)
    • Indycar for the hardcore (1995 CART Season or CART Factor (once released))
    • Formula Nippon 2007 (accessible open wheeler)
    • rFactor Open Wheeler Trainer or F3 (included with the full version of rFactor)
  • Endurance mod (one of those, not both):
    • LMS Limited Edition
    • Enduro Challenge
  • Small fun classes like (max 2 of those):
    • Clio Cup FFRacers
    • MINI Challenge 2006 UK
    • VW Lupo Cup 2003
    • VW Golf V GTI
  • More serious tin tops (both):
    • Megane Trophy
    • WTCC BMW E90 (WTCC/BTCC/STCC skins inside)
  • Rally Cross (both):
    • Rallycross Group B
    • Mini Cross (old mini cooper)
  • Fun Events:
    • Truck Series Racing
  • Muscle:
    • V8Factor
  • GT (both):
    • EOAA GT (Needs GTR2 to install)
    • HistoricX (Needs GTL to install)

I have no preference in tracks. Those depends heavily on which mod you run. F1 needs more flowing tracks while Lupos needs smaller and tighter tracks.
For tracks its important that they run without (too much) lag and have enough features to accommodate RD.
Speaking for myself I like good looking tracks, but that are not often the best drivable tracks :)

Mods - F1 2006 CTDP, GP79, F1 1988, F1 1991, Caterham Cup, BMW 320 E21, F3 Euroseries 2007, GP2 2008, HistoricX, CSGT, ILMS, LM70, Lupo Cup, VLN 2007

Tracks - Spa (current and 1967 version), Imola, Barcelona, Bathurst, Brianza (the old Monza circuit with banking), Cadwell Park, Donington Park, Silverstone, any GP79 tracks, Monaco, Hockenheim, Istanbul Park, Le Mans Sarthe, Montreal, Mosport, Suzuka, Rouen-les-Essarts

Would it have been quicker to just type any mod / any track?

i would like to see these mods

BMW M1 Procar
1995 Cart
2007 Champ Car
CART Factor:prolouge
F1 1988
Formula Nippon 2007
GP2 2006
GP79
Epsilon Euskadi
BMW 320 E21
Megane
PCC07
Spirit of 76

and tracks

Bahrain
Birmingham Motorplex
Brianza
Fuji Speedway Katsuo
Autodrom Most
Autopolis
Lagnua Seca
Livet Glen
Mid-Ohio
Montreal 2008
Nordschleife The Ring 2007
Northamptonshire
Nuerburg
Ruapuna Raceway
Rouen-Les-Essarts
Long Beach 2007
Watkins Glen
Russian Ring 2007
TIAida
Suzuka (not on rfc)

plus the 1988 tracks
and the 79 tracks for gp79

RACING TIME SCHEDULE, PLEASE IMPROVE IT

Hi guys,

first of all congratulations to the creators and active members of the group for the great work that always ferments on RD :good:

the only thing i would ask to improve racing events is about time schedule
that unfortunately are not the best for those, like me, lives in Italy or nearby where our typical racing start is around 22.00 CET ----> 21:00 GMT :smirk:
I believe my situation is similar to others EU countries, mainly at south, where lifestyles is different with delayed dinner times etc etc

the three types of mod you are using in cycling, very good idea, have a racing start at about 20:00GMT, too soon

i hope relaxed times for next events in order to have it closest to 22.00 CET
Probably there are many silent not active members with the same problem, I think a poll would be useful, but this is only a suggestion :sinister:

abot mods i love very much Historix, PCC, F3, Champ car and old F1 ('79, '85 etc)
about track .... choose one, i'll be with you

thanks for all in advance
ciao

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%