rFactor - Ideas for the new racing events.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel vd Aa

AC Paint Guru
In this thread i would like to see you share your thoughts on what you would like to see in the future rF racing club events.
As i said in the [thread=12325]rFactor - New and Improved[/thread] thread i am going to put together a list of a set number of mods and tracks.
I am currently thinking of 10 different mods and 20 to 30 different tracks.
This way we can limit the amount of changes people need to make in order to race.

After a while, i will change the list to accomodate new mods/ tracks.
I'm thinking three months would be nice...
Here are some things i would like you to consider when putting mods/ tracks in your list:
- They need to offer well balanced, close and especially fun racing.
- I would also like to see mods/ tracks that are realistic in feel, sound and graphics.
- Also maybe consider a default car class for a series of races (maybe openwheelers?)
- For the true hardcore simmers; what would you like to see for a racing series? (possibly F1?)
- Try to think a bit outside the box, no need to do the same kind of events that GTRe offers. Maybe dirt races...?
- In my opinion mods that allready have proven themselfs should be considered first.

I am sure you guys will come up with some great insights on this, and i hope we can come together on this subject to make this a great new start.

Regards, Marcel

• G-Kraft

Instead of making a new thread, a reply to this one.
So...will there be other rFactor leagues than the LMS one? and the racing club events also never changes mods, which is sad..

There are plenty of good and fun mods/tracks to use.
For league racing i recommend to use a trackpack(if the mod has one).

For racing club events it would be nice to test Machwerk-67 and Avus-67 for a change, or other fun tracks=)

Otherwise i enjoy offline racing, but it would maybe entice? more people to drive online if there was a bigger selection of events.

/Göran

Goran - I will be doing more of the lower powered vehicle mods and tracks that fit in there with the mod being used.

I've started off with the Legends Cars, but I'll be switching through diffferent mods where the cars are more controllable, but where racing is paramount.

We're also going to install Historix soon which will be effectively many mods under a single banner, so with these series coming, I hope you will try them out.

• G-Kraft

Yes i will try some of them:)

I remember that the GP79 cars also was used to drive here? but i have not seen any events recently:/

Again, that falls into the category where the cars are hard to drive, and newer people are concentrating on just keeping on the track, rather than being comfortable enough in the car to be able to think about the racing.

While the more powerful, difficult mods are exciting for the experienced drivers, they are not really the way that potential new drivers are going to get their foot in the door, because of that steep learning curve.

The feedback I saw was that GP79 was very difficult, and attendances dropped off.

On my side, I'm going to be going the other way, keeping the mods I run simple, and (hopefully) making the events attractive with track choice / format / close competition in easy to handle vehicles not needing alien skills to not crash.

I know some of the more experienced drivers may turn their noses up and say that these are for n00bs (which is not an ethos I subscribe to, close racing is close racing), but without getting new people in, the experienced drivers won't have that many races.

It's a chicken and egg situation, which is why Ben & I are trying double pronged attack of high & low powered mods, so as not to alienate one group or another.

• G-Kraft

ahh...in my opinion the Legend mod is harder to control than the GP79 one:D never had major problems with the openwheeler mods, only thing that you most get used to is the speed, and with some training you will find the limit.
I see no problems in running openwheelers classes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years