rF2 [rFactor] GP1979 @ Nordschleife 30th April 2008

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah well, that was really a short race of attrition! We stopped it in lap 2 with only Haukka and me left on the track. :)

Maybe it will be better to race without any damage settings at all on this track and with this mod next time?!

Congrats for all who showed up and Mark for some awesome driving on this extremely challenging track!
And a big thx to Ramon and Haukka for one of the best first laps on this track I´ve ever had in any sim. That was really a close battle swapping positions but with each of us giving the others enough room to survive! :thumb:

That was my first rFactor race and while it was rather short it was a pleasure to drive these cars on this specific track!
Really like the GP79 cars and hope we can do another race with them in the future!!!

Thanks for the nice words Frank, I think I went for the tactic to just push hard in the race, and it was working well till I have a lapse in concentration, trying to explain how to pit to Ramon over TeamSpeak (Im not blaming you mate as it was my mistake) I actually went off on an easy section of the track, where I clipped one of those high curbs and that was the end of my race, I tried to carry on with a veru damaged car but I just could not keep it on the track.

Well done to Frank who showed he knew how to drive that Ferrari throughout the night and was within his limits in the race, good plan :) and also well done to my mate Ramon who is just getting the hang of this track and is also showing some good pace all evening.

Practice:

In practice i tried out my race setup with Max fuel and Soft tires and it didnt feel too bad, just needed to warm those tires up and then go for it, even with 120 litres of fuel it felt surprisingly fast.

Quali:

For my 1st 2 attempts I just tried to get a good clean lap in without pushing too hard on the fast tricky corners, and I was pleased that I had put in some good clean laps, even if I knew there was more time to make up. For my 3rd and final attempt I went for it, pushing hard at every turn and some how I kept it on the track puting in my PB for the 24H Nordschliefe at 8mins and 10secs, but saying that, Frank was not far behind at all, nice lap there mate :)

Race:

I got a bit of a shitty start, with cold tires these things have rubbish traction, I nearly got it a little too sideways and spun getting off the line :)

I went for my pushing tactics and pulled out a 7 second lead by the 1st sector times, and by the 2nd sector I had pulled 20 seconds. Everything seemed to be running smooth, I had now increased the gap to over 30 seconds while Frank, Ramon and hannu battled and no doubt slowed each other up. I was amazed to see that on my 1st flying lap with cold tires and a standing start and a very high fuel load I did a 8min 30 sec lap time, which was only 20 secs slower than my quali time with quali tires and quali fuel :)

Then my fatal crash :( I clipped a very very high curb on the inside of a left hander at very high speed, the front of my car took off up into the air so I was looking at the sky, this just ruined my car and ruined my race, I have never ever gone off these before :( Damn it, anyway well done for all who attended and went out in simuilar fasion as me, it was fun while it lasted :)

Cheers guys,

See ya all soon,

Mark

I'm sorry I crashed, the event had great potential for fun but any small amount of damage meant you'd cause more damage a couple of turns later. I agree with Theo, these cars on a different circuit or another car at the green hell.

LOL, what an event.
I know the part till carousel now a bit and the rest is just see whats coming next :)
On my own I could complete a couple of laps, but during a race, and also while fighting its a different story. The lack of track knowledge caused me to clip the barrier a bit, enough to bend the suspension a bit. Due to this I could not react good enough for the next upcoming surprises, which cause a missing wheel. and a broken wing.
I tried to lump back to the pits, but the pitcrew refused to do anything. I pressed request pit of course and I got the message pitcrew ready.
Ready my ass, only the lolypop man and some other moron appeared. The rest was drinking coffee in the pitbox, just explaining it was pointless to repair.

Better luck next time. I will still continue to learn this track, it could be so much fun if people know this track.

• Alex Guehennec

**** for me , a friend needed help and that make me very ****

Happy to read that it was VERY HARD for everybody loooool

Who finished the race ?!

Formula1[NO-B];89662 said:
**** for me , a friend needed help and that make me very ****

Happy to read that it was VERY HARD for everybody loooool

Who finished the race ?!

not me :) hahahaha loooooooool

Shame you could not have been there mate :(

Maybe next time ;)

Some shots from yesterday:

My car, Jan Lammers' "famous" lion car, sponsored by Samson! :alla:
hell1.jpg

Frank getting airborne in his Ferrari! :thumb:
hell2.jpg

Still some close racing here...
hell3.jpg

Gareth bites the dust...
hell4.jpg

:D

Great shots, Theo! :thumb:

Really catch the spirit of this classic car/track combination!!!

Wish we could do another run with those cars in the future! Heck, I would be in if we ever decide to get a series going with those beauties! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%