rfactor folders

Peter

who cares
I was checking out my game folders and notice that the rFactor2 folder is only 292 MB, but the documents folder is 6,67 GB.

is this OK?

If your rFactor 2 'Data' folder is in My Documents then yes, that is normal. The Data folder is where all the game's content is so it will always be much larger than the 'Core' folder.

I wouldn't call it 'stupid'. Deleting folders to reset a game isn't exactly common practice and therefore wasn't a concern during development.

Most of your personalised settings are stored in the UserData\player folder, so perhaps you can reset the game by deleting that instead. Don't blame me if it goes wrong though, because it is not something I have tried myself.

Right click on your packages folder, and select properties. If you have the content from ISI, and some custom tracks there, it can reach around 3 Gb easy. And thats only the pacakges, so the installer files for the content.

The big question is, what do you call "resetting the game". Cleaning it up with custom tracks/mods, or resetting player data?

As Ross said, player info is stored in the player folder. That should not be that big in size.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back