Rfactor doesn't work anymore

Hey guys,

my rFactor won't start after I had to quit the .exe via task manager before :(
It just gets to the 'boot screen' (the little one when loading rFactor) till my comp tells me that the game doesn't work anymore and closes the screen.
Is it possible that some files are corrupted now?

I already tried to run the config.exe again and deleted all .cch files from my profile. I'm running rFactor as an administrator and on Windows XP compatibility mode.

If there's any solution to fix it without re-installing rFactor, I would gladly appreciate that.

Cheers

Tried that but it still doesn't work :(

Also tried to get a trace but that's all I got:

TRACE LEVEL = 1000
NetComm.cpp 11193: NetComm checking command line: "-trace=1000"
game.cpp 1211: Entered Game::Enter()
osman.cpp 540: Entered OSMan::Enter()
plrfile.cpp 2314: Entered PlayerFile::Enter()

What I'd try doing is backing up all your setups and controller settings, then deleting the entire user folder (not UserData, just the "Chris Heller" folder within that, providing that is what you use). On the trace the last action is Entered PlayerFile, perhaps this would be worth a try?

If you do, rFactor will ask you to create a new profile. If it works you should be able to import your setups and controller settings

It seems some kind of UIData is missing in this case. It would be best to reinstall really. Keep your UserData folder. You can install via rFactor Lite - I use it and it is much easier. Once installed, copy your UserData folder across.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 144 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 396 40.0%