rFactor Demo (vanilla) does not do this sim justice!

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I got my copy of rFactor today and, to be perfectly honest, I'm now regretting not buying it a couple of years ago!

The Demo really doesn't do it justice in its vanilla state.

I chose open wheel for my first race season and that little open-wheeler is great fun! The standard demo car was 'okay', but this little 'baby F3' car is superb.

I turned off all the assists first, hit 'i' to watch a couple of laps by the AI driver, then headed out and managed to get within 4 seconds of the AI lap on my first time around whilst smiling at the little F3-style car's handling. It just felt good to drive, and I've not even tweaked any settings yet!

I would recommend that anyone trying the demo grab the little openwheeler for their 60 minute trial (I'm assured you can add all the cars and tracks in) and it'll be much more fun.

It's a great title. I found it a bit of a culture shock from the much more polished world of of retail titles. Once you get past that however the possibilities are endless. There are some great mods out there and some good default content too.

Can't really be that expensive now either with rF2 around the corner.

I got it for £15 through a play.com seller (free postage obviously), but it is probably available a couple of Pounds cheaper if you shopped around.

Well worth the money and, with the graphics cranked all the way up, does not look like a 5 year old game :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back