rFactor champs ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When we started running the PCC events we did not really have enough drivers for a league, Im glad to say we now have plenty of drivers willing to race rF, So maybe in the future we could have a league or something simular for it.

Personally I would love to see a league in rFactor :)

Could always have Endurance Series :p 2 Hour Races i know its abit much :p but surely something can be sorted with LMP's+GT's with Equal Grids for each Car Group And maybe Driver changes if that could be worked out :) 1 hour each :alla::D

Sry for Double Post :D

I've been away for a couple of weeks and still catching up, but I'll offer a couple of comments.
Firstly, I am very new to rFactor, hardly played it yet, never tried it on-line, so what would I know anyway. I am very keen to get involved in some rF racing though to see what it is like. My first impressions are promising.

Re the Racing Club fixed race nights plan, this should be for regular fun events, similar to other games. However, given the number of mods out there for rF, and the need to have any mods we use installed on the servers, I recommend that we limit the number of mods to only tried and tested good ones, and designed to give a reasonable cross selection of classes.
On my limited knowledge, It looks like we should choose from say:

PCC (looks great to me)
V8 Factor (I'm an Ausie, so what do you expect)
A couple of Open Wheel Classes (not sure which are the best, recommendations please?)
Meganes (don't know it but seems popular)

The regular race nights should be about using these classes regularly to build the rF support here, and get more people interested and learning the game. We should vary the classes as often as possible.

The PCC FD Series should also be used to get more people on board.

A league would be great. We need to pick one class for this I think, but one that would attract a good sized list of participants. The planning for this League should be designed so that it doesn't clash with other Leagues though. The GTR2 GTV League finishes soon, so there is an opportunity there.

Now the most important part. We need some people to step up to the plate to be Race Directors for rFactor here at RaceDept. The current staff cannot do justice to all games, and only with staff dedicated to each game, can we get things moving well. Organizing a rFactor League will definitely require some people to step up and run it. It is not difficult, but it takes time and a thick skin.
Curently we have RD Racing Club Staff allocated to Race 07, ARCA, and GTL. Also GTR2 to a limited extent.
Who would like to take this role with rFactor??

Without dedicated staff, we are going to struggle to satisfy everyones hopes for rFactor.

Now the most important part. We need some people to step up to the plate to be Race Directors for rFactor here at RaceDept. [CUT] Who would like to take this role with rFactor??
Without dedicated staff, we are going to struggle to satisfy everyones hopes for rFactor.

I'm available to create the group for rFactor, I do not have much time but if I can help I will do my best
I have no idea of wich activities should be followed for an online champ, perhaps you can tell us how other groups are organized and then clone their structure :D
about me: i've organized and controlled for 2 years many champs of keyboard GPL during lunch break at work :D and managing accident discussion (between 12 gentlemen drivers)
so, i'm at your disposal, keep in mind that my time is at GMT+2 or GBT+1
regards :thumb:

dont think i would be a good director having no experience at all :D

Sometimes those with no experience prove to be better than those without :)

I'd be intrested in an Open Wheeled league, we've got the WTCC for Touring, Vertigo is GT so it leaves rFactor for open wheel. Maybe not F1 as they're very challenging but the Japanese F3 mod or new GP2 series, or like James suggested endurance league 2 hours races going through the night.

Just to clarify my request about Race Directors, I was referring to the need to have Staff to run Racing Club Events for rFactor as well as organizing a possible League.
Right now, we are struggling to organize the Racing Nights, so that is a priority. Also, we need to be sure that anyone who joins us to organize a League is prepared to stay the distance, we cannot afford to have RD's drop out part way through (unless we have sufficient backup to maintain the league to our standards). So, we would love to see someone join us as a regular Staff member to run the rFactor Racing Club Events, help us get the ball rolling, and then prove that they will be a reliable organizer for a possible League.

Please note, these comments are definitely not meant as any form of criticism of those offering to help, just to be sure about our needs and expectations. Prior experience in running a League is not essential, but a good knowledge of rFactor, good communication skills, enthusiasm, reliability, and a thick skin are needed.

Alex, James, Simon, or anyone else, we would welcome your involvement if you still feel you can make the needed committment.

i think it is important for us (the interested) to know what activities are needed to start and mantein alive a league, if we don't know what is the work i think it is hard to understand if we are the right peoples to do it

i dont' know very much about rfactor because i'm just a normal user from 2 years and i have never used it deep as server but am enthusias for sure

normally i spend 1h/day (except week end) to read/answer topic from different forums

if you need an help or simply ideas i'm here :thumb:

• Roman Liebich

i think it is important for us (the interested) to know what activities are needed to start and mantein alive a league, if we don't know what is the work i think it is hard to understand if we are the right peoples to do it

Exactly, I'm willing to help but need to know what is needed to say I'm able of doing that..

Onto the mods: I think it would be useful to start gathering ideas from people interested in rF championship and afterwards make some sort of poll to determine which mods could be used..
I was thinking about Endurance + some open wheeler champs and PCC + something for FD, Race nights..

Alex and Roman,
We really appreciate the interest and offer of support, thanks.
The organisation and management of a League is not the urgent priority here.
As I said previously, we really need some additional Race Directors for the Racing Club, to get some regular events going first.

The requirements for this are not too demanding.

You need to be committed to trying to organise regular fun and interesting events for Cub members. We want people who will stay the distance with us, not start off with enthusiasm but disappear after a month or so.

You need to be familiar with the game you are leading, so that you can decide which mods, tracks, cars will work on-line without bugs or problems. That usually means just testing the mod or track before posting a sign-up.
We have a private discussion forum for Staff where we can discuss options and share ideas. All RD's gain access to that forum.

You then need to initiate the Events in the Racing Club Forum. This is easy, simply follow the template for other events, post the details, monitor the sign-ups to update the entry list, and answer any questions that arise.
If special banners or posters are needed to promote the event, we already have helpful staff prepared to make them for us.

You may need to notify the RaceDept. Server Admins to make sure that the event is setup on the servers, and if needed communicate the server details requested (but usually they just take the info from the sign-up post).

Run the event and monitor any feedback from reports, to help improve the events if needed.

That's about it for RC Events, not too difficult at all.

Running a League is much more demanding, and for that reason we keep them to a few each season. We do have a good template and set of guidelines for organising a League though.

Lets take the first step though, and get a regular series of rF events going in the Racing Club first.

So, who wants to become a Racing Club Race Director for rFactor (or GTR2, Race 07, GTL???).

too late, but sincerly congrats to patrick
i'm at disposal for giving support/ideas etc and, why not, to jump inside the rFactor staff :D
bye and thanks to have feed this topic in a very friendly way

Alex, I don't think it is too late at all. We would still like one more member for the team, particularly since rFactor is more complex in terms of mods, than the others. We would welcome your involvement in terms of ideas and helping to make the best decisions for mods. And if we move to a League, we definitely need more resources.

I'd always be intrested in helping you guys out. There are lots of mods I'd like to to see given a chance in rFactor, the little Lupo's come to mind.
Since quite a few people are looking at least trying iracing, perhaps it could be intresting to set some for of iracing colour scheme for outfits & cars.

Alex, I don't think it is too late at all.
i've thinked about and sincerly I prefer not to be a leader because this is the first time I propose myself for an active role in a league and i have not a deep knowledge of rF sim but as staff member i think i can give an help (i have already write down some ideas for rules etc :D)

let's rFactor league born here at RaceDepartment :jumping:
bye

• Roman Liebich

Great news to hear Patrick was named a new Director.
I'm willing to help, be it with testing the mods/tracks for possible use, monitoring sign-ups.. you name it. My goal and big wish is to promote rF racing here and getting it as good as it is possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 8.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%