rFactor Caterhams - Proposal

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All, the Cats seem to be taking off very nicely, and ever since someone mentioned it would be nice to have a "League" in these cars, I've had my pondering hat on, to see what I could do, and how to implement the possibilities.

The fact that the mod has so many available classes sent me off down one avenue of thought, and Michael's post today kind of firmed up the vague ideas I'd been having.

Now - as it's your Club as much as mine, please have a read of the below idea/proposal, don't necessarily respond immediately, go away and have a think, and come back with anything that occurs to you during your ponderings.

So - here's what I've been working up:-

1. Would we have any interest in possibly run some short series (say 4 events with 2x races per event) on alternate Fridays, not a full RD League, but I still get the results and compile a standings table etc.

2. The series would be open to anyone who wants to join/is available at the time, it's not hugely result oriented so if you miss a week, no big deal - the only caveat being it is limited to 21 signups per night.

3. At the completion of each series, we could go up a "class" like they do in the real Caterham series? eg Season 1 - Academy -> S2 - Graduate - > S3 - Roadsport etc.

4. Everyone would then be progressing at roughly the same speed, and we're not just all jumping into R500's, putting our foot down and spinning off into a wall.

5. To keep the Club as open and simple as possible (which after all is one of the main selling points of the Friday Cats), we run "normal" club nights (like the ones we've been doing up til now) on the "other" Fridays, staying with the very successful Academy class.

So - what do you think?

OK - Because I've yet to see a negative comment regarding the idea of the series, I think I might as well crack on without too much fear of adverse reaction.

Series 1
Start Date: 05/03/10, alternate Fridays
Events: 4 - 2 x 25 min races per event
Class: 1.4l Classic class
Upgrades: All allowed
Tracks: to be announced (but expect some short & twisty shenanigans)

Gents - I'll be keeping the list quiet until I've decided on the final 4 tracks.

Speculation is good fun, I know, but to be honest it has little affect on how I'm thinking with regard to tracks. :biggrin:

I'd like to keep everything as a pleasant surprise for you (plus I'd like to think I've done OK so far in car-to-track matching), so if the suggestions make me lean any way, it'll actually be away from choosing them.

It's perverse, I know :thumbup:

In that case Jyllandsringen would be a poor choice... theres no challenge in that track and its borring, "Insert random whine" :cool:

Nah i have no doubt you will find some awesome tracks for us. oh and Michael, only Jyllandsringen, Gothenburg, knutstorp and Falkenberg are available for RF.

I do have inside imformation of a Copenhagen street track for Historic GT in the works.... :biggrin:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back