rFactor Caterham Series - Season details

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
All Seasons
Scoring: Although this series is not a full-on League, I will be keeping a Championship table per season.
1st = 20pts, 2nd = 19pts etc., with only 21st position (ie last on a completely full grid) scoring 0.
You must complete 50% of the race (based on winner's lap count) to score points.
Rules: We will be using the Club rules rather than the League, so if you take someone off, you wait for them. Any breaches of Golden rule behaviour will result in a License Infraction, the same as in a Club race. Let's keep these things with "having fun" as our top priority.

Season 1
Vehicle class: Classic 1.4l
Upgrades: No restriction / All allowed
No. of Events: 4
Event Start: 20.00 GMT
Event Timetable: Practice - 20min -> Quali 1 - 10min s/pole -> Race 1 - 25min -> Quali 2 - 10min s/pole -> Race 2 - 25min
(2 min warmup between Quali & Race sessions if required)
Event Schedule:
05/03/10 - Toban Run Offs
19/03/10 - Ahvenisto LT
02/04/10 - AF RF1
16/04/10 - St Jovite North

Season 2 Details
Vehicle class: Roadsport 140
Event Start: 19.00 GMT
Event Timetable: Practice - 20min -> Quali 1 - 10min s/pole -> Race 1 - 25min -> Quali 2 - 10min s/pole -> Race 2 - 25min
Event Schedule:
30/04/10 - Essington GP
14/05/10 - Cadwell Park
28/05/10 - Interlagos
11/06/10 - Birmingham GP (Barber Motorsports)

hi guys here is a pics of the racedepartment & texaco skins hope you like theme

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

OK Gents - as some of you may have read in the post Glen thread, I've been doing the testing to find out what the next "Season" car should be, and I'd narrowed it down to 2 possibles: The Superlight & the RoadSport 165.

I did some laps last night around Watkins Glen, it being familiar and recent, not desperately twisty and turny (so as to limit the super sticky tyre factor), and I had a good base time in the Academy for comparison.

The best laps in the Academy on Friday were about 1.32.6xx - 1.32.9xx.

I did just 4 laps in each of the candidates with a very, very basic setup, and then checked the times.

My best lap in the Superlight was a 1:25.6xx, best in the RS165 was a 1:23.8xx (both without any slipstream). Superlight was amazing through the turns, but ran out of puff a bit earlier. Whereas the RS165's torquey, higher revving engine really got up to top speed quickly, allowing decent use of 6th gear at the Glen, but was trickier through the turns.

Therefore, Season 3 will be a Superlight Season, and by a process of elimination, Season 4 will be an RS165.

I'll release the full Season 3 details around the time of the final Season 2 event.

OK Gents, you've twisted my arm.

After several mentions and a positive reaction when it came up in chat on Friday, I'm going to start planning a full RD Caterhams League. I'll look to run it from the Autumn until the new year - and even though that might sound a long way off, we're nearly at the longest day of the year already, and to get these Leagues right, throwing them together at the last minute isn't how I fancy approaching it.

I'll start a new thread in the non-sticky section here for people to post up their thoughts.

The main items I'd like to hear your thoughts on are as follows:-
  • League vehicle - go with something we know, something new, how powerful, how driveable etc. (bear in mind we'll have finished the RS165 season by the time this starts, so we'll all have some experience with both the Superlight chassis and a higher revving, more powerful engine by then)
  • Team or single player - the mod has 21 drivers, 7 teams of 3 drivers? Single driver? I'm not really up for dicking about with the mod to try and expand the slots, tbh. I'd prefer to try and keep everything as simple as possible on that front as it's working so well up until now.
  • League event format - Number of rounds, number of races per round (1 long race with a pitstop, 2 races like currently, something else)
I've obviously got my own ideas already, but it's not just my League, so please let me know what you think.

Go here to leave your suggestions.

As promised - now the final RS140 event is approaching, here are the Season 3 dets:

Season 3 Details
Vehicle class: Superlight
Event Start: 19.00 GMT
Event Schedule:
25/06/10 - Brands Hatch
09/07/10 - Lime Rock Park
23/07/10 - Zandvoort 79
06/08/10 - Phillip Island

Stuart a few questions,

can we use the skins? could not find a skin map in the Super lights.

links for the tracks? I will find them on my one but not shore if it is the same track or layout .

get them all from the download section,hope that's ok?

Yes, I can expand the slots if required, but I'd rather not, as it would require everyone who used the mods to do the same thing, or there would be mismatches.

Yes the skins can be used, just copy the skinpack to the Gamedata/vehicles/caterham/superlight/skins directory, and they will be available.

Yes, all the tracks are in the download section.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back