RFactor can't start up

Ross Balfour

#99 | Roaring Pipes Maniacs
Hey all!

Since the FSONE2009 mod came out I thought I should give RFactor a whirl again for the first time in about 6 months. However, when I went into my RFactor folder, the RFactor start-up logo didn't show up, but the Dedi Server app, Config app and all my Game Data/ UI Data files etc. with all the cars in them etc.
I have no idea where to start up RFactor because it says the game is installed I just don't know where the start-up logo is, so I can't start it up :(

Hope you can help :)

I'm guessing you have rFactor installed in the programs file?

Try this. Create a file on the disk but not in the programs file. Name it rFactor2. Fresh install rFactor to this file. Go into that installs directory and see if the start icon is in there. If so copy and pasd it in the original rFactor directory. Then create a short cut to desk top from there.

Want guarantee this will work but worth a try.

Also are you running Windows 7? If so it's recommended to take rFactor out off the programs file. When in this file Windows 7 want give you permission to work with it as you would like. You can set this but it's just as easy not to have it in the programs file.

you my well have to do the same as me ross i am having probs with my gtr2 its all there but wont start so i uninstall it then go to put it back on my pc and it ses it is on there so wont do it so i am having to reformat my pc

I know nothing about PC's so I may be screwed :D

Ok this isn't good.

Do you know your way into the rFactor directory? Guessing you do because you had said you only found the server icon in there. Is this right?
If so then install a new rFactor but when it asks you were you want it it will already have a path to C:/programs/ Go to Browse and a window will open starting from C: . Click on the top of the list and click ok. This will install rFactor outside of the programs file. Seen as C:/rFactor/ . This new rFactor install should have the start icon in the directory. Copy this then go back 1 step and open Programs/rFactor . Pasd the icon were the server icon is in the rFactor file. Then right click. A window will open. See Create short cut to desk top. Click on this to create a start icon for this rFactor install.

When you installed the new rFactor it will ask you if you want a start icon created on desk top click Yes. Ones installed check to see if it's there. If so it will be the rFactor logo named rFactor. Right click to open a widow. See Rename. Click on this and rename. Just add a 2 to it so it reads rFactor2. Meaning second install. This install will work on your existing activation code. No need to activate again. So now there should be two rFactor icons on desk top. One named rFactor and one named rFactor2. Just remember rF2 is the second and/or new install.

If for some reason it want allow you to pasd the icon in the original install just forget it and use the new install as your main one. This will mean installing all your mods and tracks to it but at least it works. Hopefully.

Uhh, thought I had it working there..... unfortunately no :(

My friend has RFactor and he thought of sending me the RFactor.exe through msn or on a USB stick. Do you think this would work?

Anything is worth a try. Can't hurt but if you've tried as I have suggested and the new install failed to give you a new start icon I'd say your PC needs a major maintenance overhaul. A complete reformat would for me be a last resort because this will completely delete everything!

i do but ermm... i dont know this game very well well i had a simirler problem i went to install it and it took 5 hours to install i have got a superfast computer and it wont let me race any cars because it says that i have to go online and regester a code well. a: i dont have a seriel number and B: the website does not exsite anyone had that problem

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 360 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%