rFactor and Windows 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I am about to re-install rFactor on my gaming box (for obvious reason), but I have Windows 7 on there now. I thought I read somewhere before there are some issues between the 2? True? False?

As Martin said, no problem running rF with Win7 at all. If you are looking for your userdata folder you will find it here...

C:\Users\YourName\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\rFactor\UserData

Make sure to go to "Organise" - Folder and Search options then View tab and choose to Show hidden files to see AppData.

I got a problem today with my Win7 RTM copy ...... once installed and updated my Gforce 9600GT the EXE file kept on going back to the config window...... the window that we use to setup the graphics and res. Another problem i have found is when the game does start it executes in the windowed mode although the windows box in the config is unchecked ......ANY body having the same issue please comment especially if you have found a fix

Rob McColl

P.S it happened in 32 and 64 bit versions

I got a problem today with my Win7 RTM copy ...... once installed and updated my Gforce 9600GT the EXE file kept on going back to the config window...... the window that we use to setup the graphics and res. Another problem i have found is when the game does start it executes in the windowed mode although the windows box in the config is unchecked ......ANY body having the same issue please comment especially if you have found a fix

Rob McColl

P.S it happened in 32 and 64 bit versions

Check in the NVidia control panel if you have set the refresh to 60hz, sometimes it is set on 59 and rF will see this as a change.
I run 64bits Final and no problems at all. Just same as Release Candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 78 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.8%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 163 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 305 27.6%