rFactor 2, worth it ?

Hello
I want to ask you if it's worth to buy rFactor 2. How could you compare this game vs F1 2012 ?
I mean gameplay / graphic, etc
The prices are 43.99 USD standard and 84.99 USD lifetime.
What would you advice me, guys ? Just in case i order it, which one should i order ?
Thanks in advance

rF2 can, depending on the car, feel very difficult to drive. Setups make it easier but GT cars should be stable without setup changes anyway, I think. I don't know if the F2 is in the demo but if it is, give it a shot around Sebring using the setup Stefan posted on RD. It's a blast.

It would be really great to hear from someone who felt that FFB was just awful and then how he managed to get in to a state where he now says "it's the best thing since sliced bread" Honestly, i do because that could give others some tips where to start looking. I can't believe that my first taste of it is true, when yoo think what rF1 was. And also what they did in rF. I like rF1 FFB as it is btw.

If you really want to check that out I would do some basic things.
Take a car with stock settings FFB for a ride and check first how the stock FFB reacts to flat spots, worn tires, tire temps, rubber on track, weight shift and so on.
I would do one after another.
Then adjust to your liking.

There is a nice circle at LRP where you can drive around as much as you want in the infield. I would take the Skippy for a ride there cuz there you can feel nice how the FFB changes if the rubber on track increases. Do 40 - 50 laps (it's just a small circle), slide around, check out how it reacts to tire temps, drift bla bla bla.

If the wheel rattles and jumps to much increase the FFB smoothness or however it is called. Go offtrack adjust again.
If you don't feel enough increase the FFB mult. But take care there is quite a lot of FFB clipping if you increase it too much. There must be somewhere a tool to see this, ISI forums I guess.

G27 here, smoothness on 2 for GT cars, Skippy, Clio and Megane. OW's not driven for a while but I believe I had it higher there, about 4.

Keep the FPS as high as possible!!!, very important to me and quite a difference in feel and driving.

Do long runs, adjust setup (can have a big impact to the FFB also) and have fun.

Last edited:
If you really want to check that out I would do some basic things.
Take a car with stock settings FFB for a ride and check first how the stock FFB reacts to flat spots, worn tires, tire temps, rubber on track, weight shift and so on.
I would do one after another.
Then adjust to your liking.

There is a nice circle at LRP where you can drive around as much as you want in the infield. I would take the Skippy for a ride there cuz there you can feel nice how the FFB changes if the rubber on track increases. Do 40 - 50 laps (it's just a small circle), slide around, check out how it reacts to tire temps, drift bla bla bla.

If the wheel rattles and jumps to much increase the FFB smoothness or however it is called. Go offtrack adjust again.
If you don't feel enough increase the FFB mult. But take care there is quite a lot of FFB clipping if you increase it too much. There must be somewhere a tool to see this, ISI forums I guess.

G27 here, smoothness on 2 for GT cars, Skippy, Clio and Megane. OW's not driven for a while but I believe I had it higher there, about 4.

Keep the FPS as high as possible!!!, very important to me and quite a difference in feel and driving.

Do long runs, adjust setup (can have a big impact to the FFB also) and have fun.
Thas a great bit of information, didnt know that was there.
I was wanting something similar to check under/oversteer settings, camber etc.
Cheers

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 357 15.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 251 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 179 7.9%
  • < 5 years