rFactor 2 wont start!

I run Rfactor 2 and it doesn't even hang in the task manager, but just stupidly crashes.

1.79s Masfile.cpp 2597: Error opening MAS file coreshaders.mas
2.06s main.cpp 343: onFatalError 11

Attachments

• trace_2022_11_14_20_25_48-46.txt
    15.3 KB · Views: 120
did you truncate the trace file? That is the shortest one I've seen, which I guess makes sense if your program is crashing before even loading a track begins properly.
Now, some questions.
Do you have an AMD video card. We AMD users have had problems ever since AMD moved past 22.5.1. Any driver version newer than that will cause either a crash while loading a track, or locking up once a short time after you begin driving.
The only solution, so far, has been to revert to 22.5.1.
What cars & track were you attempting to load?

did you truncate the trace file? That is the shortest one I've seen, which I guess makes sense if your program is crashing before even loading a track begins properly.
Now, some questions.
Do you have an AMD video card. We AMD users have had problems ever since AMD moved past 22.5.1. Any driver version newer than that will cause either a crash while loading a track, or locking up once a short time after you begin driving.
The only solution, so far, has been to revert to 22.5.1.
What cars & track were you attempting to load?
I haven't even logged into the interface yet, but the game itself just doesn't start stupidly. I click Play in the steam and it doesn't happen at all
i7 11700kf RTX3060

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply, this gives a starting point at least.
1st. In Steam, right click on rFactor 2 and choose Properties\Betas. There, choose NONE.
2nd Repeat right click on rFactor 2 in Steam, choose Properties\Local Files. Choose the option to Verify files.
Then Click Play in Steam but choose the 2nd option: Launch rFactor2 graphics config. Make sure all the information is correct, video card, screen resolution, refresh rate etc.
(are you using VR?, I should have asked that in the last post....)
Now try and start rFactor 2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back