rFactor 2 with SLI and triple screens - tips for good performance?

Thanks a lot for your instructions. They're very helpful and have improved my framerate significantly.

As I said, I've just tried the demo on Steam so far. I'm very impressed by the physics and handling (it's the Corvette C6r, I think) which is excellent. But the track in the demo is Silverstone - And, holy mackerel, it looks bad! Is Silverstone representative of the quality of rFactor2 tracks or is it especially bad looking by comparison to others?

I'm not expecting rFactor2 to be up at Assetto Corsa graphics standards, but I was expecting it to match (perhaps exceed) GSC.

Maybe this makes Silverstone to look better with you system also: "rFactor2 video settings: sync > video to get rid of stutters, tearing etc."

I am running a Asus Striker II Formula.
The SLI works fine, like I said I almost double my score in 3D mark when its enabled.
What is this "FIX" ?

Make sure that your system is running PCIe 2.0 x16 x16 = (PCIe 3.0 x8 x8)
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/list/st/5/kw/NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI/page/1

Striker II Formula
NVIDIA nForce 780i SLI
2 x PCIe 2.0 x16 , support NVIDIA® SLI™ technology, at full x16, x16 speed(blue)

GeForce GTX 660 supports PCI Express 3.0. The Intel X79/SNB-E PCI Express 2.0 platform is only currently supported up to 5GT/s (PCIE 2.0) bus speeds even though some motherboard manufacturers have enabled higher 8GT/s speeds.

I know its an older system, and was one of the first boards to properly support SLI, but its not the PCIe bus otherwise 3D Mark wouldn't double my score and the frame rate in game wouldn't go down it would just bottleneck at the same point.
However I did notice something odd yesterday while running rFactor 2 and playing with settings.
While running rFactor2 with one 2 gig card in I took a glance at my MSI afterburner monitors and the GPU memory usage was maxed at 1.4, Ramm usage maxed at 5.4 and swap file maxed at 7.
I played around with the swap file, rebooted and GPU memory still maxed at 1.4, Ramm maxed at 4.5 and swap file maxed at 5.4.
Just all seems odd they all flat lined at those points.

new build of rFactor showing improvement from 24-27 FPS upto 44-48 FPS in SLI.
The good news is with SLI DISABLED I can now run it cranked with everything on full blast except road and environment reflections and still get over 60 FPS.
That's 8X Anti Aliasing, 16X Texture Filter, FXAA on, and HDR is now on by default.
Looks great.
The road reflections had a weird issue with the shadows on Max and created a strange shadow tearing/jumping around following the car that was killing my FPS.
Oh .. and I forgot to mention the GPU memory usage is up to 1.8 now.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 209 14.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 153 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 10.1%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 113 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 213 14.4%