rFactor 2 with "B1 Technicolor" Colors?

My fellow Simracers ;-)
Iam absolut amazed about the Automobilsta SweetFX Setting "B1 Technicolor".
Is here anybody who knows how to get exact that Colors to rFactor 2?

Cheers

Automobilista Video Setup.jpg

B1 Technicolor.jpg

Last edited:
Anybody at home? One of the 6 billion registered users of ths forum, must have an answer...
I sadly can't help you as I don't use swertfx for rF2.
The problems are:
The rF2 community isn't that big so it's probably more a few hundreds of people, not 6 billion.
Second problem is that rF2 is known for weird issues so most of us try to keep it as clean as possible to avoid crashes/stuttering etc etc.
Third problem: even if one uses reshade or sweetfx, technicolor isn't really widely used. Most just shade/brighten and sharpen the picture.

You could try to ask in the automobilista forum if someone could try to find the sweetfx settings used in AMS. Maybe visit the official AMS forums too and ask there. The devs are really nice and helpful people and I'm sure they would give you the settings if you'd ask nicely and have patience for them to do such "unimportant task" :)

The SweetFX presets are compatible with ReShade, aren`t they? So it should be as simple as installing ReShade and using the AMS preset?
I`m using ReShade with rF2 for quite some time with no issues to get rid of that annoying turquoise tint the game has (my preset is in the mods section).

Here's a ReShade version of the B1 Technicolour AMS preset.

Or at least I hope so...

You have to have the LiftGammaGain, Technicolor, Tonemap and Lumasharpen shaders installed in ReShade (they should be installed if you just download the complete pack ReShade suggests when you are installing it).

Attachments

• B1Technicolour.ini
    672 bytes · Views: 217
Hey didnt expect your fantastic work so fast. Thank you buddy!!!
Please look at the screenshot.The backsite of the cars, which are in the shadow, gets so dark that you see
too less of the car. Hope my bad english express that good enough. And the lightend object like the sky gets maybe to blending. Maybe a contrast thing?

Kontrast.jpg

I didn't do anything else than take the values AMS is using and put them into a ReShade preset (so no fantastic work on my part, a simple conversion). So yes, it might be different, since the games look different even without any additional postprocessing. I honestly don't even know how exactly the preset looks in AMS, I'm very reluctant to mess with SweetFX in AMS as it's old and can cause issues AFAIK. But I guess I might try and hope I don't break anything for my normal stuff.

You did a fantastic job! The colors itself are fine!!!

Here comes some sceenshots of Flat6 Cars in Automobilista to show you the right contrast. You see on the first picture that you can see many details of the cars backside even though its in complete shadow. sun is in front of the car. And look at the sky. Perfect lightning. you see clowds and blue sky. Only minimal glare. (Sorry when i used "blending". The german word for that the sun is so strong that it hurts in the eye and you see nothing is "blenden". Guess the right english word for that is "glare".)

AMS-sun from 12oclock#1.jpg

AMS-sun from 12oclock#2.jpg

AMS-sun from 12oclock#3.jpg

AMS-sun from 12oclock#4.jpg

And here other Flat 6 Cars...
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Last edited:
The sky bleeding and black cars is because rF2 applies post-processing automatically to the image, so when you add SweetFX on top of rF2, it does "double" work, if that makes any sense. AMS doesn't come with any native HDR or post-processing, so AMS was built to use these extra SweetFX profiles.

With rF2, the sky is already brightened by the in-built HDR, so any extra exposure added by the SweetFX profile will produce banding of the sky, as the values are getting too close to white RGB. Same story with contrast. rF2 post-processing already makes cars very contrasty, so the added contrast from SweetFX profile will crush the blacks.

You did a fantastic job! The colors itself are fine!!!
Again, I did nothing, much less a fantastic job. The colors are just due to the Technicolor shader being activated. AMS doesn't even change the default values for that shader if I'm not mistaken.

And, as others have pointed out, the post-processing that's relevant here happens regardless of post-processing levels setting. Which might even not do what you think they do, tbh, they really just improve the quality of some postprocessing effects and add depth of field for external cameras (from certain level of setting).

Oh, and BTW, I see you have Aggressive threading enabled on Ryzen 1700. You are aware that by doing so, you are limiting your rF2 performance, right? Aggressive threading is for old CPUs (like dual core) and it basically further limits the already very low number of threads the game is using, so you get even more dependent on single core performance. With an 8 core / 16 thread CPU, you want the exact opposite to happen, so Aggressive threading off is certainly the way to go.

A little hook and a great effect. Just tested perfomance without aggressive threading and was amazed.
Now i can run Post Effects on Ultra and Antialising on Level 5. Looks good. Turning ingame environment- and trackreflections off, so i can now drive with 20 cars instead of 10 before at a framerate of 60. All thumbs up. What i worte before about the PostEffects is now bullshit. They only look with Aggressive Threading not good on my PC.
I
Settings.jpg

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 107 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 149 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 281 27.4%