rFactor 2 with "B1 Technicolor" Colors?

My fellow Simracers ;-)
Iam absolut amazed about the Automobilsta SweetFX Setting "B1 Technicolor".
Is here anybody who knows how to get exact that Colors to rFactor 2?

Cheers

Automobilista Video Setup.jpg

B1 Technicolor.jpg

Last edited:
Well, try this one. I've tried to tweak it so it doesn't really affect highlights or shadows (luminance-wise, that is), though it looks kinda dull compared to AMS IMO, where the highlights are kinda blown when using the B1 Technicolour preset.

Attachments

• B1Technicolour.ini
    1 KB · Views: 591
Review of the B1 Technicolor MOD by Martin Fiala

At first lets look at the Situation without the shader. Only my last posted configuration is activ with Antialiasing on Level 5 and Post Effects on Ultra. We are on the Nordschleife with the new GT3 Pack.
o1.jpg

Please look at the sky on the left corner. Its blue. No clouds are visible. Remember that!
o2.jpg

All the following Screenshots are with the B1 Technicolor MOD by Martin Fiala. Now look at the sky on this Foto. You see clouds. Both pictures where shot at exact the same start-position with no change in weather condition. The complexity of the clouds is now much much more visible.
m1.jpg

Lets now look at the beautiful colors with good contrast on the other screenshots on the Nordschleife.
m2.jpg

m3.jpg

m4.jpg

m5.jpg

This last picture where shot on Bridgehampton. The track i shot the first picture of my post. You see the great enhancements.
m6.jpg

Resume: The B1 Technicolor MOD by Martin Fiala looks good, feels good and is in my opinion a huge enhancement for rFactor 2. Simracers... Martin Fiala did a fantastic job!!!

Last edited:
@GermansInAction Do whatever you want with it as far as I am concerned, but please, don't make it into such a big deal, it feels weird ;) There really is very little I have done myself, again, it's basically just the AMS preset converted for ReShade and all it really does is it enables the Technicolor shader with some very slight tweaks.

I might even tweak it a bit further still, since I still think it now looks too dull compared to AMS.

BTW it can also be combined with my LUT preset, it looks better IMO with less of that greenish tint I quite hate personally, but that's for anyone to decide, obviously.

@GermansInAction Do whatever you want with it as far as I am concerned, but please, don't make it into such a big deal, it feels weird ;) There really is very little I have done myself, again, it's basically just the AMS preset converted for ReShade and all it really does is it enables the Technicolor shader with some very slight tweaks.

I might even tweak it a bit further still, since I still think it now looks too dull compared to AMS.

BTW it can also be combined with my LUT preset, it looks better IMO with less of that greenish tint I quite hate personally, but that's for anyone to decide, obviously.
Don't compromise yourself. Might not be a heck of a job but you stood up, got the job done perfectly. Don't see anyone else going for it so you're kind of the colour-hero :D:thumbsup:

With these clouds you got me interested.
As I know nothing about reshade I have some concernes:
1. does it decrease fps?
2. does it work with pp effects disabled?
3. will it make difference on my system if I have almost everything in gfx options set to low or off?

With these clouds you got me interested.
As I know nothing about reshade I have some concernes:
1. does it decrease fps?
2. does it work with pp effects disabled?
3. will it make difference on my system if I have almost everything in gfx options set to low or off?
It takes the completely done rendered image before it goes to the monitor and then post processes it like Photoshop afaik.
So yep, it has a gpu hit. Depending on the game and what you use of it that hit will be 2-25% gpu load!
If you have some headroom on your graphics card then it's mostly no problem. Colour shifting and contrast is more like 1-2% hit while things like "fake hdr" take a lot more!

Yes, it works with any pp setting, it won't work in VR though.

On my GTX 970 in 1920x1200 in DX11, the performance hit with just my LUT corrections is unnoticeable with the current ReShade version and up-to-date shaders. The Technicolour preset has an average performance hit of around 3-4 % of added GPU load for me.

Reviewupdate of the B1 Technicolor MOD by Martin Fiala - rFactor 2:

My fellow SimRacers,

since iam no Reshade-Professional i made an error in my last review. I simply didnt knew that i had to install the LUT-Shader for the second Version of the "B1 Technicolor.ini" too. I just corrected that and updated the download: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/reshade-b1-technicolor.25019/

In that download you find some of the new updated screenshots of these i show you right here. You see that the colors are now more vivid:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

No stutter on my PC. Is there another mod in conflict with it? Did you checked your Nvidia oder AMD Settings?

To find out if there is a mod confict, deinstall all other mods, then run only the B1TechnicolorMOD. Is there a stutter? Than check your Graficcard settings and rFactor Settings. If not, then install one other mod after the other and check each time if there is a stutter or not.

No stutter on my PC. Is there another mod in conflict with it? Did you checked your Nvidia oder AMD Settings?

To find out if there is a mod confict, deinstall all other mods, then run only the B1TechnicolorMOD. Is there a stutter? Than check your Graficcard settings and rFactor Settings. If not, then install one other mod after the other and check each time if there is a stutter or not.
The only mod I have installed is crew chief, that has not caused any stutter or problems so far. GPU and RF2 settings are also ok. The stutter would only happen about every 5-10 minutes, it would only be up to 1 second at the very most. I can run RF2 at max graphic settings except PP which is set to high, I can run 56 cars on any track with 125 FPS with out any stutters

At first... check your rFactor 2 files in steam, to be sure that from that side everything is OK.
Do you use any custom HUDs? Try it without them. Maybe the high number of cars you drive with
is no problem for your GPU but for your CPU. Try set them on maybe 20.

These are my graficcard settings
amd.jpg

But certainly the performance of your system not only depends on your GPU. The RAM-Size and CPU can limit your system too. Maybe you have a slow HDD and read/write time causes troubles. A defragmentation can help. You see there can be many problems. At frist check your game settings. Then your GPU settings. One after the other.

But he clearly says he doesn't have stutters without the filter. I do find it odd as well, because there's no real reason why that should be the case IMO, but certainly not impossible.

But he clearly says he doesn't have stutters without the filter. I do find it odd as well, because there's no real reason why that should be the case IMO, but certainly not impossible.

Yes i read that. I read too that he wrote he has the stutter "again". The only conclusion is, that the problem is either the MOD itself or the error shows us other systemproblems. I dont really think the mod is the problem, since others would have that stutter problem too. Till now the rFactor 2 MOD has 74 downloads and 1 stutter report.

Last edited:
My system consists of items below.
System: Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming 2.0
System: CPU: Intel i7-8700k @ 3.7GHz
System: RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX Black DDR4 3200MHz 16GB
System: Graphics: ASUS STRIX GTX 1080 ROG
System: Sound: ASUS XONAR ESSENCE STX sound card with Sennheiser HD650 Headphones.
System: Storage:SSD, SATA Hard Drives
I don't really think it may be my system but I am using a mod HUD.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 136 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 371 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 515 39.0%