rFactor 2 Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nick Deeley;609692 said:
I dont think its particularly realistic. Rain doesn't affect the vision that badly on a visor, unless your going 100+mph in a single seater in a torrential downpour...

Nick I am a Go-kart driver and trust me the visual is affected that much when it rains ALOT.
It is quite clear (IMO) when it comes to the vision but when you get the spreay from the car infront and the water that falls then it's hard to calculate when you should brake or not. (NOTICE, it have been allmost 6 mounths since I drove on a rainy day so I maybe have forgot a thing or two about vision)

IMO this is going to be the most realistic rain vision that you can have on a sim-racing game. I cant wait to drive on wet tracks at rF2 :D

A video showing the historical Spa (WIP) in rF2
Probably my favorite historic track I've run on during my 'simracing career'. There are some differences, for sure, between this and any previous historic versions of the track you may have raced on, but we believe ours is pretty accurate, and that's another reason why this is being posted so you can get used to it.

Remember: This is WIP. This historic track is in development. We want those of you who are historic racing fans (or fans of the movie "Grand Prix" I guess) to see it as soon as possible - so here it is. I used the front bumper cam so that you can see similarities from old footage like that in the movie. You will see draw and animation issues in this video that do not represent the drawing and animation qualities of the release version of rFactor 2. Also: No audio - stop trying to turn up the volume. :)

I pull out of the pit area and head towards Eau Rouge on lap one. The first lap was difficult and the car wanted to spin (mostly too much throttle from me). Lap two felt much faster but having crashed many times while trying to record the video I never pushed too hard. You can actually see at some points when I come out of the turns I struggle to put the power down.

Driving and seeing this should give you a massive appreciation for what those maniacs who raced here were risking... They raced here at night in touring car races, amazingly dangerous...

720p available.

A video showing the historical Spa-Francorchamps 1967 track (WIP) in rF2. Video courtesy of ISI.
Tim Wheatley;3307 said:
Probably my favorite historic track I've run on during my 'simracing career'. There are some differences, for sure, between this and any previous historic versions of the track you may have raced on, but we believe ours is pretty accurate, and that's another reason why this is being posted so you can get used to it.

Remember: This is WIP. This historic track is in development. We want those of you who are historic racing fans (or fans of the movie "Grand Prix" I guess) to see it as soon as possible - so here it is. I used the front bumper cam so that you can see similarities from old footage like that in the movie. You will see draw and animation issues in this video that do not represent the drawing and animation qualities of the release version of rFactor 2. Also: No audio - stop trying to turn up the volume. :)

I pull out of the pit area and head towards Eau Rouge on lap one. The first lap was difficult and the car wanted to spin (mostly too much throttle from me). Lap two felt much faster but having crashed many times while trying to record the video I never pushed too hard. You can actually see at some points when I come out of the turns I struggle to put the power down.

Driving and seeing this should give you a massive appreciation for what those maniacs who raced here were risking... They raced here at night in touring car races, amazingly dangerous...

720p available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back