rFactor 2 Update Deployed in Preparation of Formula E DLC Drop Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Formula E DLC 3.jpg

rFactor 2 has received a new update today to both DX9 and DX11 branches, paving the way for the new Formula E DLC coming to the simulation early next week.

Not massive in size but certainly rather curious, the new rFactor 2 build update deployed today by Studio 397 lays the foundations for the inclusion of electric racing in the simulation going forward, starting with the official Formula E 2017/18 season DLC that is scheduled to drop into the Steam Store very early next week.

If you are interested to know what the new Formula E DLC feels like out on circuit we have something that might interest you... On Wednesday 29th around 20:30 GMT we will be streaming a talk and drive interview with Marcel Offermans as we check out the new cars and tracks. Keep an eye out at RD in the next day or two for more details...

Build 1109 Update Notes

EDIT: Build numbers updated from original S397 post to new numbers revealed today (27.11)

Open Beta DX11 Steam Build ID - 2317443 (rFactor 2 Build 1109)
Default DX9 (OPT-OUT) Steam Build ID - 2317463 (rFactor 2 Build 1109)
  • (DX11) fixed the undercar shadow becoming hard to see at certain low sun angles and reflective road surfaces;
  • Removed an error message in the Launcher when a component already was installed because that's not an error;
  • Onboard controls for changing the engine brake mapping;
  • Physics enhancement to allow building engines that won't stall because they are electric;
  • Added proper playback of transmission sounds on AI/network cars;
  • Physics enhancement to properly generate heat when regenerating energy;
  • Added extra values to display in cockpits and on steering wheels for tyre pressures, temperature, and mixture, boost and brake mapping and brake bias settings;
  • (DX11) ambient undercar shadow fixes so they won't show up on parts of the car, just the ground underneath it.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..!

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Looking forward to trying these cars and track in rF2 soon? Let us know your thoughts below!

Last edited:
I purchased it as I will be watching the race on TV so will be worth the £7 or so to simply drive the track.
Most likely i'll get most use simply driving the car on normal race tracks. Never been a fan of street circuits, even Monaco, horrible tracks IMO.
This one is no different, with FE i do feel it looks more of a pain in the ass rather than fun, all the tight turns and corners you take almost at a standstill on the street tracks.

But yeah, FE car will be fun to race on racing tracks though, looking forward to that. I even like the 'sound'. We have been here before though, Forza had a good few Elec cars and i liked the noise of the wind rush they made.

bought the pack, not really driven it yet though,
the track looks a bit tight to race on, (im not used to street circuits )
and yes when i watch it on tv i think the same on some tracks.. its just me.. im used to wide open spaces.. with my driving its often wise
but it looks a great track for karts :)

need to have a proper drive but i happy with what i can see already.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 76 12.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 54 8.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 63 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 36 5.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 91 14.9%