rFactor 2 update (build 68+69) released!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just something I think most have missed.

When you install the GT's, there is also an update on the other Megane tracks ;) You get 1 extra track to run in the Mills section ;) Nobody said anything about it, nut it is there ;)

I'm a big fan of rF1, but I have to admit that after this latest update and the GT Endurance cars being totally uninspiring to drive and look at I'm thinking of refunds as well:(.

I probably wont as I trust modders to create quality content, but something just doesn't feel right with the driving in rF2. Only the Formula Classics feel gr8, but they're not a major interest to me!! The Megane is boring, the 3.5 is completely devoid of grip and the GT's don't have any weight to them!! They feel like they are floating off the ground. Visually the game looks nicer now from the cockpit, but from replays it's plain ugly. The shadows are rarely visible under the cars so they look like they're super-impossed on the track:(. I know post proc effects are to come, but I'm not fussed with those, I'd be happy if it just looked as good as rF1 at the moment!!!

I have said this around a thousend times before, and I will keep on saying this.

If you want to EVALUATE this game, wait till the final release. There has been so much communication from ISI that this is a BETA version, released for Modders in primairy sense, and still people look the graphical part. Most of the graphical engine is not even implemented! You can't make a judgement on that now. So any argument to get a refund based on graphics, is nothing more then admitting you did not read well enough, and bought something for the wrong purposes. Simple as that.

Besides that, with all settings maxed, the graphics are actually already not bad at all, but that's a sidenote.

@David,
If you want to look at replays instead of playing a racing sim, go to YouTube, but please stop taking every opportunity you can find to express your negative comments about it. If you do not like it, don't play it. Get that refund, and start focussing on something you do like.

Had some time this afternoon to sit and mess around with settings some more but i cant seem to find the magic combo of things to make rF2 run anything close to decent, in some cases the lower i set things visually, the worse it gets, its really making me keep away from rF2, i love the FFB and the nice feel of the thing, but its just not smooth enough to play.

Had some time this afternoon to sit and mess around with settings some more but i cant seem to find the magic combo of things to make rF2 run anything close to decent, in some cases the lower i set things visually, the worse it gets, its really making me keep away from rF2, i love the FFB and the nice feel of the thing, but its just not smooth enough to play.

It's just so far from being a "polished" sim right now I've told a couple of friends to wait on getting it. I'd really like to know what kind of performance the devs at ISI were getting before they released.

In any case though I do believe ISI will continue to develop this sim long after release and we will all later look at what we have now and say "wow rF2 sure has come a long way". :)

Well, about the performance, if you have a good PC, the performance is not that bad at all. I run all at max settings now, and all looks good, feels good, and drives smoothly. I assume that the guys @ ISI have decent computers, so during testing, they probably had good looks and feels.

Besides that, keep in mind that not all graphical items are implemented yet. It's basicly a stripped down version of what it will be in the end.

It's just so far from being a "polished" sim right now I've told a couple of friends to wait on getting it.
Finally, a sensible thought! If you are NOT a modder, or are a Race Administrator who wants to get familiar with the principles, and NOT want to help testing, but are looking for a new sim, do NOT buy RF2 yet. It's as simple as that. It's BETA, and there is a reason for it being BETA.
Accept it, and wait till it's finished.

I personaly enjoy the testing part, so I love the game. But my judgement is based on ALL facts, and not just what I would like it to be ;)

I know this is kind of hard to digest but a beta isn't exactly that far removed from final product. Maybe in this case it is. 95% of betas are used to iron out bugs and whatnot. There is a large difference between a alpha product and a beta and in most almost all cases betas are pretty much final product for the most part. Final products usually have increased performance, less bugs, and an overall smoother user experience.

Well Philip, in terms of rf2, it is also not far from the final product. There is actually one big issue...

That 5% missing is unfortunaltely involving a lot of features on which the complaints are being made ;). There is already alot of the finished product in the BETA. That 5% which is not (total tire program, some graphical options) is where most of the complaints are based on. As I said before, it's BETA, so EXPECT that 5% to be missing. Not expect a full game. It's just the nature of the beast that people look at that little part thats missing, instead of the big part which is present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 235 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%