rFactor 2 Tips and Tricks

Hey all, I'm not going to be the only person to ask this, but let's get it going now...

I am struggling to drive in rF2, and i think it's a wheel setup thing. Sensitivities all over theplace, and I'm going to admit it - I don't know what I am doing. In regard to wheel setup. I never set rf1 up properly, I just learned to live with how it was, but rf2 is vastly different, and everything I have tried doesn't seem to work. :s

Out of the box handling wise - it's not good for me!

Would anybody be kind enough to share their settings for the G25? Both profiler and in game.

Which cars have you been using James? I've found the FFB to be be great on the old single seaters:) , reasonable in the Meganes (needs a bit of work) and so far I've found the FR3.5 absolutely horrible

Global Device settings:

OES 101%
SES 0%
DES 0%

centering spring/unchecked
CSS 0%
Rotation 418%

Ingame, the only things I've changed is: overall ffb to .90 and the "Steering torque filter" to "4" in the controler config file (this hepls a little with the off road rattle)

Jim

... and the "Steering torque filter" to "4" in the controler config file (this hepls a little with the off road rattle)

This is the single most important tweak, in my opinion. At the default of 0 I found all of the cars touchy as hell and hard to drive. I now have it set to 12 and it feels much, much better. In other words, it wasn't my wheel settings or the car's handling that was the issue, it was the FFB.

True, Scott from ISI recommended playing with that setting, some people have it as high as 16, he did say it's a temporary work around while they develop it further

I didn't have an issue with the on track ffb, just with the wheel going nuts if you stray from the tarmac or smack a curb, with it at 4 it's a bit better, I could go higher but I don't want to loose too much of the on track feel that I've been enjoying so much in 1960's WCR

Hundreds of people have commented on the off road ffb, I'm sure they will be looking into it soon

Jim

I could go higher but I don't want to loose too much of the on track feel that I've been enjoying so much in 1960's WCR

Have you tried it higher? I was using 4 originally, then upped it to 12. I still get good feeling. I think it was Scott that said any sloppiness and latency would mainly affect those on slower systems, less so for those with decent to high end rigs.

Have you tried it higher? I was using 4 originally, then upped it to 12. I still get good feeling. I think it was Scott that said any sloppiness and latency would mainly affect those on slower systems, less so for those with decent to high end rigs.

I've not tried it higher than 4, maybe I will then, my "rig" is fairly decent I think?

Model: Dell XPS420 Modified
CPU: Intel Q6600
Motherboard: Dell
Memory: Kingston Hyperx 8GB DDR3 1066
2 x 120GB OCZ Vertex2 SSD
Video: ATI FirePro V5800 :D
Power: Seasonic 600W

I'll have a play with it tomorrow, too tired now... bed time.....zzzz

Jim

This is the single most important tweak, in my opinion. At the default of 0 I found all of the cars touchy as hell and hard to drive. I now have it set to 12 and it feels much, much better. In other words, it wasn't my wheel settings or the car's handling that was the issue, it was the FFB.
Might have to give this a try. I just thought I had my steering angle too high.

How do you guys setup the sensitivity and steering rate in the controller screen? I left them at default and it was way too twitchy. I have tried different settings but none that I am please with. I have a G25

I have it like this

rf22.jpg

need some help, i play rfactor 1 some times because i never get the same ffb felling like in race07, i now trying in rfactor 2, when i go out the road my wheell make so much noise ...i try to put 4 and 12 but i think is a little diference..what can i do? when i rotate the weel like 35 deggres in a corner it doesnt work smoth...it feeling like make a jump... just like in rfactor 1 :\

One thing that helps a lot for me on all cars is to reduce each car steering ratio. The Vintage cars have a steering ration around 27, I reduced it all the way to 17 (which is more or less what I use in rFactor 1 and GTR2) and the cars are much more drivable.
On teh megane it reduce the snap oversteer and it allows me to actually catch it if I start to lose the back. In general I feel the stering set between 17 and 22 is a lot more precise.

By the way my G27 is set between 540 and 900 depending on the car. Changing that setting affects what ratio you use. In addition, at least the megane also has a in game steering range. I am not sure yet how it interacts with the logitech one but playing with all these settings made the game a lot easier to drive and more realistic.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 202 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 256 13.4%