rFactor 2 - The Callaway Corvette Introduction Video

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
rF2 Callaway Corvette Intro Video.jpg

Check out the nice new cinematic trailer for the recently released rFactor 2 Callaway Corvette C7 GT3...

Released to rFactor 2 as part of a wider 'GT3 Power Pack' paid DLC offering earlier this month, and having received the update treatment just this past Tuesday to boot, Studio 397 have been at it again as they produced something of a rarity in the world of rFactor 2.. a cinematic introduction video showcasing the vastly improved graphics and attention to detail lavished on this new piece of licensed GT 3 content.

Produced as something of a celebration of both the car arriving in rFactor 2 and Callaway Competition's recent ADAC GT Masters title, the short trailer comes in at 48 seconds in length and really goes to show how much visual improvement has been put into rFactor 2 over the past few months.

I'm sure you will agree the car looks resplendent in the simulation already, and with more visual tweaks still to come in future developments the future of rFactor 2 remains very bright indeed.

rFactor 2 is a PC exclusive racing simulation available worldwide via the Steam network.

Check out the rFactor 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for all the latest news and discussion with regards to the simulation. You can take part in lively debates with fellow rFactor 2 fans and take part in some great Club and League racing events..! Head over to the forum now and share the love this simulation so very much deserves...

How does the Callaway rate in your opinion compared to it's GT3 Power Pack rivals? Happy with the car / DLC? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Guess they were more busy finishing those cars instead of making cool looking video's for internet hypes, that mostly disappoint when you finally get your hands on it. All the cars in the GT3 pack are quite awesome all in their own way.

Even if they indeed were more busy finishing the cars, they still handled the release of the pack extremely poorly. I mean...I found out about the release from a random tweet on the official Twitter in the middle of the night. And I still to this day see people going "oh, wait, the pack is already out? I had no idea"... Coupled with the issues of the pack even showing up in the game, the fact we had little idea what the pack will actually include and also the fact the release was already weeks late, that's not how you should release a fairly highly anticipated content.

Maybe its my screen but I almost cant see any details - the video is very dark...

It's not your screen. It *is* dark. Their latest screenshots were also pretty dark for whatever reason.

And the increasingly frantic cuts back and forth in the first half of the video are absolutely terrible to watch IMO.

just plain uninspired, cuts getting faster: big deal, detail vs car moving closer: oh, never seen that before; car on track: why don't we show it in its element, i.e. in a pack of other cars, outbreaking, getting on the grass etc. etc.? Overall, uninspired.
Yes, I personally liked the video but beauty in the eye of the beholder...it is the video artists own style as I do not much like the style of 'Van Gogh', but love 'Rembrandt'.:)

I tried to enjoy the video as the car is pretty, but compared for example with AC's "Ferrari DLC" introduction videos it is just plain bad. Music is unnerving/more like a horror movie trailer, details are not visible, cuts are fast and frantic.

just plain uninspired, cuts getting faster: big deal, detail vs car moving closer: oh, never seen that before; car on track: why don't we show it in its element, i.e. in a pack of other cars, outbreaking, getting on the grass etc. etc.? Overall, uninspired.
It's a teaser trailer for one car. Usually in those situations, only that car is allowed to be in the video, and if you look at the mod, there's only one livery. As to the style, as someone else said - it's subjective, but I'm not sure it's as common and tired as you make out.

Last edited:
I've just seen the AC Ferrari trailer and I agree, it's good.

It's worth considering the tone of these videos. The AC one shows you everything on a plate almost immediately, whereas the rF2 one is going for a more moody, smoke & mirrors narrative. Neither is wrong. They're just pitching different things. One aims mainly for your eyes, the other aims mainly for your emotions, in my estimation.

This is the AC trailer I watched:

I feel I should point out that I've been making the recent rF2 trailers. Apologies for concealing that until now, but I was interested to hear some unfettered criticism.

Last edited:
I've just seen the AC Ferrari trailer and I agree, it's good.

It's worth considering the tone of these videos. The AC one shows you everything on a plate almost immediately, whereas the rF2 one is going for a more moody, smoke & mirrors narrative. Neither is wrong. They're just pitching different things. One aims mainly for your eyes, the other aims mainly for your emotions, in my estimation.

This is the AC trailer I watched:

I feel I should point out that I've been making the recent rF2 trailers. Apologies for concealing that until now, but I was interested to hear some unfettered criticism.

I think it also depends on the size of the studio.

Assetto Corsa may well have a small marketing team that deal with this type of thing. Either In house or external. Whereas studio397 are still a small group so they either do the marketing themselves (which is possible as they put almost everything on their Facebook page and that's it) or ask kind hearted people like yourself to help.

I agree though they should probably just sit down and put a small plan in place for each release. So it's more structured.

But with ISI, the official licensed content was free.

Yeah but it did always take six years to get to us! Lol

I don't mind paying for the odd DLC. I'm old enough to remember driving games when they were released and that was it. If you wanted more you had to wait for the next release and buy the next version.

Considering how much some console titles charge for one years online play I think we get off quite well.

Each to their own though and your view is the same as a lot of others.

very cool to be able to speak to the man himself!

I also feel there is a problem with the rhythm, the sequencing, in the video, it always seems a little forced, not as naturally flowing as in other intro vids.
I appreciate 200% you coming on the forum and talking about the video, brilliant! If this is your first "official" release, it would explain why everything feels just a little forced, you wanted to do 120% :)

wonderful communication a week after the release a teaser video ...Génius :roflmao::p:D
you have to do this kind of video 2 weeks BEFORE the release !! @studio397
The pack was supposed to be out in september and halfway into october people who had pre-ordered the pack did not even know 3 of the 5 cars. Also as far as I know the cars were shipped incomplete. At least all ai files are missing and some cars may have missing textures. This could be the deal of the lifetime for rf2 fans just because it is for rf2 but for everybody else... doubt it.

I prefer the C7 video than the AC trailer. Much more interesting, much more personality. If you replace the C7 with any of those Ferrari's it'll make me want to drive those cars. As it stands the AC trailer shows more of the cars but is uninspiring tbh.

I could also be biased as i know nothing about the Ferrari's but even for cars i'm not interested in, the style of the video would get my attention.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back