rFactor 2 | Stock Car 2018: V2.14 Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have deployed a surprise new update for the 2018 Stock Car model within rFactor 2 - bringing the cars up to version 2.14 release status.

Having been available within the sim for quite some time now, a new update has dropped today for the Stock Car content within rFactor 2. Although not massive in size, the new car build addresses a couple of fundamental aspects of the art of racing these US style cars - with a change in the behaviour while in that all-important draft, and tweaks to rear camber angle.

Studio 397 advise that default setups for the cars will need to be adjusted, and a new rules plugin with associated instructions will be released for the content in the future.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? Head over to the RaceDepartment rF2 sub forum and open up a new thread today - let our epic community be your guide!

NASCAR Footer.jpg

Last edited:
But is there proper Ovals in rF2?
If you mean from "stock" content, yes but they mostly are clones with different names from the ISI days, and some (maybe most?) are 3PA tracks:

Daytona ("Jacksonville", it's not an exact copy but close)
Talladega ("Alabama Superspeedway")
Darlington ("Brookdale")
Richmond ("Northside")
Charlotte ("Mountain Peak")
Fontana/California/Auto Club Speedway ("Apple Valley")
Homestead ("Palm Springs")
Indianapolis
Kansas, I think... ("Eagle Creek")

I haven't driven them in quite a while but remember thinking most of them were pretty good, but I never liked Eagle Creek - that one always felt sub-par compared to the others. And I remember some frustrating AI issues at Indy (crashing in turn 2 ALL THE TIME). But it's been a while so maybe it's better (or not). There are also of course plenty of mod oval tracks out there. Sounds like a good time to revisit the RF2 stock cars - and don't fear trying them on road courses. In the tuning screen (before you hit the "Race" button and go to the track) there is a Road Course configuration you can select to start you in a default road course setup.

I'd say just forget about how fast it is vs other car types, that's not really going to affect how fun it is or how good of a race it produces. They are relatively low tech, low downforce, big heavy powerful brutes but there's still plenty of room for finesse and skill to drive them well.

They got rid of the turquoise tint in one of the latest big graphic updates that was released after Le Mans virtual. That tint drove me nuts aswell but it's clearly much better now. So if you are still having that issue, there might be an issue somewhere else. Make sure that you let your game rebuild the shaders. In the past I had missing road reflections as there were some updates to the shaders so I got that solved aswell by getting rid of the older shaders and checking the integrity via steam and deleting everything in the cbash folder.

When I search the game directory, I see three 'Shaders' folders. Should I delete all three?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw the post above.

Last edited:
If you mean from "stock" content, yes but they mostly are clones with different names from the ISI days, and some (maybe most?) are 3PA tracks:

Daytona ("Jacksonville", it's not an exact copy but close)
Talladega ("Alabama Superspeedway")
Darlington ("Brookdale")
Richmond ("Northside")
Charlotte ("Mountain Peak")
Fontana/California/Auto Club Speedway ("Apple Valley")
Homestead ("Palm Springs")
Indianapolis
Kansas, I think... ("Eagle Creek")

I haven't driven them in quite a while but remember thinking most of them were pretty good, but I never liked Eagle Creek - that one always felt sub-par compared to the others. And I remember some frustrating AI issues at Indy (crashing in turn 2 ALL THE TIME). But it's been a while so maybe it's better (or not). There are also of course plenty of mod oval tracks out there. Sounds like a good time to revisit the RF2 stock cars - and don't fear trying them on road courses. In the tuning screen (before you hit the "Race" button and go to the track) there is a Road Course configuration you can select to start you in a default road course setup.

I'd say just forget about how fast it is vs other car types, that's not really going to affect how fun it is or how good of a race it produces. They are relatively low tech, low downforce, big heavy powerful brutes but there's still plenty of room for finesse and skill to drive them well.

Ealge Creek is Kentucky track.

You can race in all Nascar Oval tracks actually. Just subscribe in this collections.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back