rFactor 2 | Stock Car 2018: V2.14 Update Available

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have deployed a surprise new update for the 2018 Stock Car model within rFactor 2 - bringing the cars up to version 2.14 release status.

Having been available within the sim for quite some time now, a new update has dropped today for the Stock Car content within rFactor 2. Although not massive in size, the new car build addresses a couple of fundamental aspects of the art of racing these US style cars - with a change in the behaviour while in that all-important draft, and tweaks to rear camber angle.

Studio 397 advise that default setups for the cars will need to be adjusted, and a new rules plugin with associated instructions will be released for the content in the future.

rFactor 2 is available now exclusively on PC.

Want to know how to get the best from the simulation? Head over to the RaceDepartment rF2 sub forum and open up a new thread today - let our epic community be your guide!

NASCAR Footer.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a skin pack that make them look closer to the real nascars?

There probably is, somewhere. Most of them are more standalones though. Like the Haas-Pack
1-jpg.109080

Or Jimmie Johnson
1-jpg.108295

Or a 3xKeselowski Miller Lite Pack.
alt2_1-jpg.108623

Matt Kenseth
20_kenseth-jpg.113547

These are all made for the 2015 stock-car, but I tried one of my 2018 liveries on the 2015-cars, that work. I also tried a non-custom 2015 livery on a 2018 car, they fit. The shapes are the same (or not different enough to matter). I'll also add one of the cars I've put out, the one that's least unreal I guess. (also because I can post 5 pics, and I am 1 down)
FSoajV1.jpg

Just did a 1:56,8 on Nürburgring GP (full chicane) on default setup, so faster than a GT3 without TC, ABS, differential, only 4 gears and minimal aero, but some more V8 horses under the bonnet:thumbsup:
Is that realistic? I would have thought that a GT3 car would be far superior than a nascar around a circuit?
Not only do they have strong aero but the gearing alone would be faster on a track like the Nurburgring GP...?

From the very start I had purchased Rfactor2 it’s the best open wheeler sim by far, however all these years the Ai and multiplayer have not made any progress .Not bagging it I love the game just wish it would get the Ai thing together and the multiplayer more uniformed

What exactly is so bad about AI? Apart from blipping in slow corners of course. Otherwise on 100%+ skill and 70% aggression they are enough for offline races, since online is pretty much unusable. They make moves on each other, go to inside to cover me, and make dives often. Each car type and track just needs adjusting, as most of them are unofficial mods. Manual gearbox formulas are hard to keep up with, so I lower their skill, but GT3 AI needs around 108-110% skill.

LOL, I never tried those before, I thought one can drive those only on ovals. But now I see people talking about trashing those beasts in Nordsleife. I guess I know what I will be doing this evening. Gonna use h-sifter for this special occasion.

Is that realistic? I would have thought that a GT3 car would be far superior than a nascar around a circuit?
Not only do they have strong aero but the gearing alone would be faster on a track like the Nurburgring GP...?
These thing have around 850 hp, V8 engines, on a stiff metaltube frame with grippy tires.
Although suspension is not that advanced, they should be going pretty fast on tracks with long straights.

Where a GT3 car has only has around 500 hp and more downforce.

Last edited:
These thing have around 850 hp, V8 engines, on a stiff metaltube frame with grippy tires.
Although suspension is not that advanced, they should be going pretty fast on tracks with long straights.

Where a GT3 car has only has around 500 hp and more downforce.
I agree that HP wins on a long straight but I was just thinking that the Nurburgring GP circuit wasn’t the best fit for a NASCAR... Too many slow corners where getting that power down would be difficult and the braking would be poor.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 128 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 39.0%