rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Released

BazzaLB

250RPM
Jun 25, 2009
You mus be kidding right? I dont use VR but comparing RF2 1990s look to ACC makes me ask if you have by any chance ingested some psychedelics....
You don't use VR? How 1990s :D

On initial purchase spa was downloaded as 1.03. A couple of hours later it updated to 1.05. No idea what the changes were. Looks great in VR and plays well too so I am happy with the purchase.

Last edited:

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
We will look into any remaining issues with mouse positions. After the weekend.
That would be brilliant if you could get it working again in VR: this week I spent €986.00 on an RTX3080, mainly so I could drive rF2 in high detail in VR. It is my go to sim.

Reactions: BernL

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
That would be brilliant if you could get it working again in VR: this week I spent €986.00 on an RTX3080, mainly so I could drive rF2 in high detail in VR. It is my go to sim.
EDIT: After further testing I've discovered something interesting: if I load Spa in the Build1121 the textures fail to load, and then it looks like the screenshots I posted in my post a page back in this thread. If however I select "opt out of all beta programs", the textures load normally and everything is perfect,including VR and the mouse.
I'll stick with the old UI till I can be certain that the mouse support in VR works normally. Strange, huh?

Last edited:

Bonehead

100RPM
Premium
Sep 29, 2008
I just purchased Spa, and launched it on the old UI. It looks great, and I didn't see any missing textures whatsoever. I'm very happy with my money spent.

Reactions: Dady Cairo

John-Eric Saxén

1000RPM
Premium
Jan 31, 2010
EDIT: After further testing I've discovered something interesting: if I load Spa in the Build1121 the textures fail to load, and then it looks like the screenshots I posted in my post a page back in this thread. If however I select "opt out of all beta programs", the textures load normally and everything is perfect,
including VR and the mouse. I'll stick with the old UI till I can be certain that the mouse support in VR works normally. Strange, huh?
Opt-out is build 1122, specific betas are only meant to be used if you want to stay on an older build or if you want to enforce the new UI. Maybe not super intuitive, but bottom line is, never select any specific betas if you want to be sure to remain on the latest build.

Reactions: GuitarTech

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
Did you try all the suugestions which people have made in this thread?
Somebody said something about checking the stretch UI button or something, but in the screenies you posted it didn't look like the button/box was checked?
I've tried all the suggestions, and much, much more. After testing all evening, I have finally found a solution, please read my edited post to Marcel above.

Last edited:

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
Opt-out is build 1122, specific betas are only meant to be used if you want to stay on an older build or if you want to enforce the new UI. Maybe not super intuitive, but bottom line is, never select any specific betas if you want to be sure to remain on the latest build.
I selected build 1121, the last one in the list, as I assumed that that is the latest build. And I'd like to reiterate that I've been using the new UI since it became available, and was perfectly happy to stay with it, until the latest update this week broke the mouse support in VR. Otherwise I'd have never gone back to the stone age version.

GuitarTech

500RPM
Premium
Sep 25, 2011
I've just re-read what you wrote here: I thought there was only one beta? The new UI. I thought all the other are non-beta builds, with 1121 being the latest. Or am I being stupid?

couri

25RPM
Apr 22, 2014
About the new UI I use it on an ultrawide monitor and it has improved a lot compared to the last time I tried it, of course it still needs polishing as a highlight in the selection of opponents etc. I hope the track map will be deployed in the game HUD as well. About the new track, it is impossible to buy new content in Brazilian currency without adjusting local prices, to give you an idea the Rfactor 2 Spa costs twice the great DLC with Imola from Assetto Competizione here. :(

Last edited: