rFactor 2 | Spa-Francorchamps Release Next Week

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Studio 397 have confirmed their laserscanned Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is scheduled to release for the rFactor 2 simulation next week...
  • The new track arrives as paid DLC very soon.
  • Laserscanned version of the modern Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps.
  • DLC pricing yet to be confirmed.

We’ve had the announcement, we've seen a few teaser shots and now we get a new teaser video and release date - the Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps is heading to rFactor 2 next week!

One of the most community requested circuits for rFactor 2 is heading the way of the simulation this month, adding yet another high profile addition to the quickly growing official track roster within the sim. Set to receive the usual recent Studio 397 treatment for new track releases, we can rest assured this is going to be one very enjoyable and accurate recreation of the Belgian venue - and should please plenty of the community who have been requesting the home of the Belgian Grand Prix make an appearance in modern form within the title.

Stay tuned in the coming days for the full trailer reveal and more information about this exciting new piece of content.

Original Source: rFactor 2 Twitter

rFactor 2 is available now, exclusively on PC.

Check out the rF2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment for a great place to hang out with your fellow fans of the title, discuss the latest news and get advice on how to make the most from your simulation. Join in and start a new thread today!

rF2 Footer.jpg

Last edited:
I'll never fail to find it quite bemusing that people are under the false impression that Members of a Dev team should drop work on certain areas to focus on others; Coders don't make tracks, track makers don't design UI, UI coders don't make Cars, Car makers don't make tracks...ad infinitum.

Spa is made by the track makers, they don't work on the hardcore code of the Sim, so if Bugs are still present it's not the fault of a new track being released!

Would somebody please start a thread where people can express their opinions about the development of rF2 without taking a thread about new content way off topic all the time. :roflmao:

The views expressed here are interesting and valid and deserve an airing. Who knows, maybe the devs will read such a thread? :sneaky:

And the first person to suggest that nobody would read it should be the first in line to test that hypothesis. I would do it, but as a staff member.... well it wouldn't be the same coming from me. :roflmao: :thumbsup:

I'll never fail to find it quite bemusing that people are under the false impression that Members of a Dev team should drop work on certain areas to focus on others; Coders don't make tracks, track makers don't design UI, UI coders don't make Cars, Car makers don't make tracks...ad infinitum.

Spa is made by the track makers, they don't work on the hardcore code of the Sim, so if Bugs are still present it's not the fault of a new track being released!
Well, there you go - you've solved all the mysteries.

But I liked the flame on the theme of greedy developers who get enriched by new tracks making users them buy. :mad::D

Last edited:
Would somebody please start a thread where people can express their opinions about the development of rF2 without taking a thread about new content way off topic all the time. :roflmao:

The views expressed here are interesting and valid and deserve an airing. Who knows, maybe the devs will read such a thread? :sneaky:

And the first person to suggest that nobody would read it should be the first in line to test that hypothesis. I would do it, but as a staff member.... well it wouldn't be the same coming from me. :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Welcome to internet forums :D

Wait.... are you..... are you saying a track that was made by a mod creator and not s397 is giving you headaches? And of course there’s gonna be wrecks at Nord; it’s nord lmfao even in PCars 2 I can’t get into a GT3 AI race without 3 restarts because a boso up front got turned. Racing isn’t 100% highlight reels. **** it’s barely 30% highlights with the rest being excruciating agony. Try any online racing sim and you’ll find a lobby with worse players than s397’s inherited AI system (that they’ve been making better from when I started last year).
Tl;Dr We aren’t Senna. We aren’t Earnhardt Sr. We aren’t Jim Clarke. We are average joes.
Belgium '66 is official content, not a mod.

I can confirm just like @Bob Gnarley said AI at Spa 66 can be terrible.
With BT20 I had sessions when 4 out of 5 times race was more or less ruined after first corner.
Could be related to AI strength and number of vehicles of which btw I use only 10 AI opponents but it has nothing to do with me being out of focus if AI in front of me hit hay bales.
There are regular accidents at another point in the track too.

We don’t take kindly to people dropping facts here, we want to believe tracks are just vacuumed up with a Hoover and thrown into a game

I couldn't agree more with you, @Bob Gnarley, and perhaps you are taking heat from fanboys or guys who do little offline, due to work I had to move away from online, times on league racing were not working, and despite of the impressive selection of tracks rf2 ends up killing me with the AI behavior, almost useless to the point I end up on AMS2's or ACC's very, very limited content selection, (almost no american tracks for one).

One thing I did just recently in rf2 and it helped a bit was to switch "rule settings" to Black Only, which eliminates stupid "YEllow Yellow Yellow Yellow"s almost every time in almost every track... still not great tho.

It almost makes me think twice before spending $10 bucks on yet another Spa if the free one is good and if this one is not going to improve AI Behavior...

S396 is a bit or a lot disorganized... things like this have gone on for very long and limit possibility to become the true preferred sim which they could be...

Thanks for the support man, appreciated!

It was a joke (and very clearly taking your words out of context, because it was a bit of a funny coincidence how you phrased it). Chill. You're taking this way too seriously, and that's *me* saying it.

I never take anything you say seriously Martin. In fact I tend to think of you as a pet troll that pops out from under the bridge anytime i make a comment. Annoying at first but now i find it quite endearing.

Quick fact: You alone are the sole reason for me not taking membership here at RD. Can't imagine paying for your unending wit.

Wait.... are you..... are you saying a track that was made by a mod creator and not s397 is giving you headaches? And of course there’s gonna be wrecks at Nord; it’s nord lmfao even in PCars 2 I can’t get into a GT3 AI race without 3 restarts because a boso up front got turned. Racing isn’t 100% highlight reels. **** it’s barely 30% highlights with the rest being excruciating agony. Try any online racing sim and you’ll find a lobby with worse players than s397’s inherited AI system (that they’ve been making better from when I started last year).
Tl;Dr We aren’t Senna. We aren’t Earnhardt Sr. We aren’t Jim Clarke. We are average joes.

Not sure what you are raving on about but before you edited your post it seems that you were making me out to be some kind of imbecile for racing historics at a historic circuit. Er yeah, good point.

And as you say "And of course there’s gonna be wrecks at Nord". There sure will if a bug causes cars to stop. If you want to be a little forum warrior at least learn how to read peoples posts thoroughly before going off half cocked.

Right, back on topic. What was it again?

Last edited:
I never take anything you say seriously Martin. In fact I tend to think of you as a pet troll that pops out from under the bridge anytime i make a comment. Annoying at first but now i find it quite endearing.

Quick fact: You alone are the sole reason for me not taking membership here at RD. Can't imagine paying for your unending wit.
Well, glad to be of service I guess. Whatever floats your boat.

Last edited:
It comes with rf2 by default so it is official.
Apart from AIW it's a great track.
Modern SPA is a nice track but not as exciting as the old one.
Whether or not the modern Spa is better or not is a moot point, but you definitely have more chance of staying alive in the new version. I'm not a fan of crash and burn, even if it's only virtual :D

Whether or not the modern Spa is better or not is a moot point, but you definitely have more chance of staying alive in the new version. I'm not a fan of crash and burn, even if it's only virtual :D
That's what makes it more exciting to me.
Almost 300 km/h with houses on the left and right.
Uneven track surface.
No runoff areas, no astroturfs, no margin for error.

In real life unless cruising in convertible I would choose modern one of course.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 401 40.1%